CoinPeople.com

Auctionmonster.net

Unknown

I think this is what he means

untitled1~11.jpg

For example the Walker Auction has no bids but it is a $10 start on the auction. It would be nice to know it was a $10 start on the main page without having to click on the auction to see that...

Basically adding a Start Price column or making the Last Bid column show the Start Price when their are no bids...or something like that...

Ka -ching! That's exactly what I was trying to say. :ninja:

Ian

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will add in that I can now see AM again, but like Ian, I do not see the start bids and I use either IE or MZ.

And very happy I am to have you back!

If anyone doesn't have access to AuctionMonster let me know. There is a security software that automatically bans IPs if they try to access an account several times unsuccessfully.

Some times it will happen when someone honestly tries to access his account and enters the password incorrectly several times, but is easy to get that IP address off the ban list.

It may be that the software has been programmed a bit "over-celous", but better that way than having no security, don't you think? :ninja:

At least for next time we know how to fix it easily, an email or a message in the auctionmonster forums, if you are able to access them, should short it out.

Haven't logged in or anything, but now I get this:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/numismat/public_html/auctionmonster/config/config.php on line 8

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I checked with the hosting company and they said:

"Please be informed that the domain auctionmonster.net is well accessible from our end. Please check the attached image. The issue you have faced might be caused by some temporary problems.

Please check from your end again, if the problem persists please get back to us."

I have tried to access it myself and I can get in just fine, can you check again please?

Just an idea, Juan... as this is a site that has to compete with the likes of Ebay and Yahoo auctions, it might be good to ask around (on forums?) for something big that would "improve" Ebay or such auction sites, and then administer it to your program... and use it for an advertising tool.

Now that I said that here's my idea :ninja:

When fees come into the picture, how about offering fees similar to that of the Napster music software... you pay so and so a month or year and can sell as many things as you want, instead of paying seperately for every item. Providing the seller puts a certain number of items on A.M., it would potentially save him/her a lot of money, but in the meantime it would contribute to the amount of items on A.M. and would be quite a draw for the seller to return and continue selling...

(maybe?)

It sounds good, thank you for the suggestions.

I don't see me competing with the likes of Yahoo and Ebay, they are too big. I don't know what the future is for AuctionMonster, but I hope we can live alongside them and still have a decent amount of users, but what you sugested is worth a try.

About the fees, that will be much latter, when the traffic is so much that I need to upgrade the servers to expensive ones.

In any case if I offer that, I would have to offer the single sale fee too, as not everyone will have so many auctions that they prefer to pay monthly or yearly. Even now I could set that up using the Store feature; anyone opening a Store can use their own logo in it and put up as many items for sale as they want and I could just charge a fee for the store once they are needed. Talking about store, why don't you try to open one for your notes bussiness? I didn't have anyone testing that feature to see if there is anything that needs improvement or looking at.

As well is the matter of not having certainty of you are going to sell or not. Whenever fees are introduced, they will only be paid if you sell an item, no sell, no fee, I think it is not fair to expect people to pay if they didn't sell an item, so while people don't abuse the system that is what the plan is.

And fees will only be introduced when there is much more traffic than now, as for now the site is not too slow for anyone to give up on the site.

When the traffic becomes so that the site is too slow and I get users complaining about it, then I will know is time to move. So I depend on you to let me know!

:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations. The site is certainly building. Keep up the good work.

Thank you!

I had been spending some money on advertising and it has bear some fruits, for now I will stop and see the results. In the future, if I see the need, I will again put some more money into advertising.

Does AuctionMonster up the remaining time when a bid is placed within so many minutes of close of the auction?

I just entered a bid on an auction that had 2 minutes left. It took the bid and changed the time to 4 minutes left. Why?

Does AuctionMonster up the remaining time when a bid is placed within so many minutes of close of the auction?

I just entered a bid on an auction that had 2 minutes left. It took the bid and changed the time to 4 minutes left. Why?

MMM, no that I know of... I will have to do some testing, would you mind opening a test auction and send me the link please?

Yes, I was surpriced, at seeing those auctions, but there you go, I always left the door open to other type of sales...

Wonder how long it will be before stale grilled cheese sandwiches with images of the Virgin Mary start selling there? Then Auctionmonster will have gone big time, then we will let the media know and presto, Auctionmonster grows exponentially.

Maybe I should cook up some cheese sandwiches today :ninja:

Archived