CoinPeople.com

Identifying Old World Coins

Bangbang

I have a batch of pre 1900 world coins that I can't identify. Does anyone know of some FREE websites that can help me?

I have to set up MY pc before I can put up photos. I have the Krause book but it only goes back to 1901. I have a few other poat 1901 that I can't that find yet too. However I did find most of the ones I inherited. None that appear to have much more value than 10-20 usd. However I am really hooked now. I am even giving up heavy drinking to pay for this hobby. :ninja:;)

Yes, for one beer that you drink less, the more coins you can have! :ninja: I even lost count of how much whiskey I could have when I gave up thanks to the rubles and kopeks... At least, coins are not something that goes to a waste unlike alcohol, when you drink it and have fun, that's it! *cough, I'm not saying that you shouldn't socialize just for the sake of coins*

Well there is a catalogue of Krause for 1801-1900 so you should check that out ;)

I don't quite get how you have to set up your PC - afterall you are typing in here... all you need is a digital camera and it's media adapter to the PC and tada - pictures should be up here within a few mins ;)

Yes, for one beer that you drink less, the more coins you can have! :ninja: I even lost count of how much whiskey I could have when I gave up thanks to the rubles and kopeks... At least, coins are not something that goes to a waste unlike alcohol, when you drink it and have fun, that's it! *cough, I'm not saying that you shouldn't socialize just for the sake of coins*

Well there is a catalogue of Krause for 1801-1900 so you should check that out ;)

I don't quite get how you have to set up your PC - afterall you are typing in here... all you need is a digital camera and it's media adapter to the PC and tada - pictures should be up here within a few mins ;)

This is my sons PC and he does not even want me on his PC. :lol:

Everytime I save something he deletes it.

Post some pictures and we'll see what can be indentified. Look around for old Krause's and such. Shouldn't be too hard to fine (there was one from 1801-1900 for sale here a few days ago)

< This is my sons PC and he does not even want me on his PC.

Everytime I save something he deletes it. >

If the computer has USB ports, and if it is less than about 8 years old it will, get yourself a flashdrive. You can pick one up that will store 256MB -512MB of storage on eBay for 20 to 30 dollars, possibly less. (I'm currecly watching a 1Gigabyte drive that I can get for $52 and the guy has some 2 Gig drive for not much more.) If you computer is running XP all you have to do is plug the chip into the USB port. Then when you want to save something just save it to the flashdrive. When you are done using the computer just unplug the drive and take it with you. They don't need power to keep what is stored on them.

If you want to see something you have save just plug in the drive and access it like you would something on the hard drive.

Archived