CoinPeople.com

Purcased my first coin

Bangbang

I visited Redfords Jewlery and Coin Shop here in Michigan to get mylar 2x2's and a box to place them in. I was also looking for a Two Cent piece. The conditions of his coins were either to worn ........could not see the E in We or not within this months budget. I did found a very nice 1881 Three Cent piece and purchased it. I can see most of the detail. It is graded as Very Fine but I think its better than that. I am hoping topurchas a silver one next. I tried to haggle a bit but he said the owner does not haggle at all. This coin cost me 25 bucks. I think it was worth it.

Bang Bang!!!

Are you a fan of Mick Foley?

Why do you ask? I almost never watch wrestling except for the olympics.

Congrats on your first coin.  Hope you enjoy it.  Where are you going from here?  Do you have a plan in place?

The current plan is to collect by type only. Both world and usa coins. I am also passing the time by purchasing rolls of coins from the bank, filling up Whitman Folders,and identifying a bunchof old coins that my Step Grandmother had.Many of these date bqack in the 1800's. I have about ten Indian Cents that would be worth a hundreds of dollars if they were in better condition. I found a 1941 Nickle after going through about 4 rolls from the bank. I think I looked at a thousand coins within the last week . I am looking out for the varieties of the Wisconsin Quarter. I am on a strict budget so I am limited to what I can collect. Been reading alot and teaching myself to grade USA coins using Photograde.

Guest 50cents
The current plan is to collect by type only. Both world and usa coins. I am also passing the time by purchasing rolls of coins from the bank, filling up Whitman Folders,and identifying a bunchof old coins that my Step Grandmother had.Many of these date bqack in the 1800's. I have about ten Indian Cents that would be worth a hundreds of dollars if they were in better condition. I found a 1941 Nickle after going through about 4 rolls from the bank. I think I looked at a thousand coins within the last week . I am looking out for the varieties of the Wisconsin Quarter. I am on a strict budget so I am limited to what I can collect. Been reading alot and teaching myself to grade USA coins using Photograde.

Great plan, PM me your address and I will send you a nice half for your type set.

Archived