CoinPeople.com

New Cheerios Sac on eBay

Guest 50cents

Since it wasn't in the original Cheerio packaging with the cent I would be very skeptical that it was actually one of the Cheerio dollars. Also looks like the little homemade Certificate of Authenticity only says it is a first year dollar and not that it was a Cheerio dollar. He only has the word Cheerio in the title and nowhere in the description.

After reading through his feedback, I'm willing to bet the house it's a fake. just like all the other fake junk he sells. I think eBay shouldn't allow people to make there auction listings after an item sold to be private. I think all it does is make the seller look bad. No one can see what the auction was listed as, to see if the buyer is just grumpy.

Notice the location...savanna GA...sound familiar to anyone?

:ninja:

I have a new scam. I'm going to list a Cheerio sac but I'll only sell you a cheerio.

I'll have pics of the cheerio but only the front.

Ebay's policy makes it possible for thieves to get away with their ripoffs. Their dispute console isn't monitored by anyone at ebay and if you escalate the dispute to a claim, ebay simply closes the dispute and lets the seller slide. I escalated a dispute, on a piece of bogus jewelry, to a claim 7 days ago, and the form stated that ebay would be in touch in 24-48 hours. there has been no response from ebay and now the "contact us" selection is gone from my ebay sidebar.

I'm filing a federal fraud complaint with the FTC against the seller for misrepresenting a base metal piece as precious metal, and am naming ebay as an accomplice/contributor to the fraud.

This was an intentional scam. eBay was told about it and did nothing.

No photo of the Rev. Bidders ID's private. 120+ Neg or Neutral feedback. Notice the location...savanna GA...sound familiar to anyone?

Same guy just sold a " '43 copper cent" for around $1400.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the original seller was in GA and this guy is in NY.

But still, this auction is very strange.

The original owner of the coin only has sold one item on Ebay.

And it was a Cheerio Sac.

And this guy bought it and is now selling it.

It's just too wierd.

Archived