CoinPeople.com

Where can I find a supplyshop on the internet?

ch0da

Well, say what you want, but my collection is currently stored in photoalbums... No glue or noting :ninja:

I'd like to find a good internet shop for notecollectors supplies where I could find proper albums.

Apparently, no disrespect, but the average banknotedealers homepage sucks more or less.

Thanx for answers

/Matthias Diego

i've never been a fan of proper currency albums. i think they are way too overpriced, and a lot of them use special ring hole-punches so you can only expand your collection by buying more of their overpriced pages. another thing i don't like is that most of their special pages are only one-sided. i prefer being able to see both sides of the note, without having to take the note out and handling them.

i recommend buying standard 3-ring pocketed currency pages (pvc/acid-free, of course), and placing them in your own binder. a few archival binders come with sleeves or cases to keep dust out, so the level of protection is on par with the pricey stuff.

i guess if you have a few expensive pieces, splurging on a fancy album isn't that big of a deal. $30 for this one here: http://www.jakesmp.net/CSD_Currency_albums...rris_001_C.html

but if you have plenty of notes with values under $100 each and you need room to grow, pages/binder is the way to go.

by the way, i just happened to be selling some. :ninja:

http://coinpeople.com/index.php?act=ST&f=4...st=0#entry87274

• 3 months later...

I agree with San Miguel. When I was expecting my first order of banknotes to arrive, I went out to a few places to look for an album to store them in. I also looked online as well. i didnt see anything that I liked, because I wanted something more economical and something where i could see both sides of the banknote without handling it.

I found the perfect things at work (at an office supply store). I bought a regular 3 ring binder, and I also bought 2 types of sheet protectors. One style of sheet protectors is just a regular archival safe sheet protector, and the other style is the same thing, only made to fit 2 4x6 photos in it.

Most of my banknote fit into the 4x6 photo pages, and the larger ones, like ones from Iraq and Yugoslavia will fit into the full size sheet protectors.

KFC :ninja:

I agree, except that I would recommend you make sure to use a D-ring 3-ring binder where the rings attach to the back of the binder and not the spine. A regular 3-ring binder will not allow the pages to lie flat and will slide and pinch the pages when you open and close it.

I use currency sleeves to place the notes in, then slip them into the pocketed currency pages. I think I made my last purchase from www.brent-krueger.com, but there are plenty of other suppliers online.

For the notes larger than 3.5x8 (the "large" sleeves and pockets), I use the archival sheet protectors like superbeast. However, they are pretty thin and the bills move around and bend when you flip the pages...still looking for a better solution there.

I use the Ultra PRo brand of page protectors - mainly the three ohrizontal pocket ones, but I have others for larger and smaller currencies as well. Be sure to get some that are archival safe for the ones you will keep for a long time. The UltraPro ones are about the nicest ones I have seen. You can get them at baseball card shops or similar areas if you want to check them out before you buy a lot of them. I actually bought from the company direct a while ago, but last I saw they were only selling to resellers.

I used to put them in large 3 inch D-ring binders and lay them flat. I did this because the pages were wont to sag and bend if I stored it vertically. Then I was reading about how the constant weight might lead to degredation of some notes, especially the thinner and older ones.

I have since changed the binders. I now have several 1 inch binders that I use and I keep them vertical. The smaller width keeps the pages from sagging, and allows me to seperate the notes into more managable (for me) sections. I have only a few countries in each binder now instead of half the world in one. I had all the notes I have in about 6 of these binders.... and then I let my wife talk me into making cover-sheets for each country with maps and basic info. That put it up to 11 binders. My wife was right about the coversheets...They do add a nice extra bit to the collection, especially to those who might not recognize a country. But it was a lot of work.

But then I thought "why stop there?" and put in black interleaves to make it more presentable. Now there are 12 1-inch binders and I am actually pretty happy with the results.

I used to put them in large 3 inch D-ring binders and lay them flat. I did this because the pages were wont to sag and bend if I stored it vertically. Then I was reading about how the constant weight might lead to degredation of some notes, especially the thinner and older ones.

I have the same problem with the pages sagging. Have it for both coins and notes. I never tried the smaller binders. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Well for all you organized and neat freaks out there, there is a D 3 ring binder out there that have little tabs that slide out of the spine of the binder that you use to hang the binder in your file drawer! That way all the pages hang down in the drawer, and no weight is put on them. I have seen these in up to 3 inch D ring binders. I use the 1 inch type at work to keep budget info in. Expect to pay about a 20-25% premium on the hanging 3 rings, but if you want to make sure your pages do not get curled or bent, this is the way to go.

Crummy picture, but see them here:

Hanging Folders at Office Depot

Well for all you organized and neat freaks out there, there is a D 3 ring binder out there that have little tabs that slide out of the spine of the binder that you use to hang the binder in your file drawer! That way all the pages hang down in the drawer, and no weight is put on them. I have seen these in up to 3 inch D ring binders. I use the 1 inch type at work to keep budget info in. Expect to pay about a 20-25% premium on the hanging 3 rings, but if you want to make sure your pages do not get curled or bent, this is the way to go.

Crummy picture, but see them here:

Hanging Folders at Office Depot

ohhh, I like those..... but then I would have to get a file cabinet for them..... hmmm.... might cut into coin money..... hmmm.... Christmas is too long to wait..... birthday isn't close, either..... tough decision.... maybe I will check the local office supply chains to see about picking up 1 at a time.

Archived