CoinPeople.com

Philippine 10 Piso Bi-Metal Coin

Corina

This is a 2002 Bi-Metal Philippine 10 piso Coin

The COin Was issued to Replace The Old 10 Piso banknotes

The Center Is made From Brass and The outer Ring is made From Aluminum

On The Front Is The Words BANGKO SENTRAL NG PHILIPPINES

Which means Sentral bank Of Philippines Which issued the Coin

On The Back is The Pics Of Two philippine National Heros Andres Bonifacio And Apolinario Mabini

The Coin Has The New Seal of the Sentral bank On the front

The Words REPUBLIKA NG PHILPINAS Are on the Back of the Coin

They Mean Republic Of philippines

896303.jpg

896303.jpg

This is a 2002 Bi-Metal Philippine 10 piso Coin

The Center Is made From Brass and The outer Ring is made From Aluminum

On The Front Is The Words BANGKO SENTRAL NG PHILIPPINES

Which means Sentral bank Of Philippines Which issued the Coin

896303.jpg *Spammed x2*

I do have a few of these coins and I am disappointed over some remarks :ninja:

The ring is made out cupro-nickel and the core is made of aluminum bronze, not just brass and aluminum There aren't too many countries, or almost none that I know of, who dares to use aluminum, as in unalloyed metal as part of a bimetal because it corrodes too easily.

And about the text, seriously it would be a lot nicer if a clearer picture was up there. I could hardly recognize it!

And about the text, seriously it would be a lot nicer if a clearer picture was up there. I could hardly recognize it!

Here is another image, from a "bimets" web site:

http://www.wbcc-online.com/philippines/philippines.html

(Different year though.) As for the images above, they were OK in this context, e.g. if you just want to show a new acquisition. Especially since they came with an explanation. In other cases, if you post an image of a coin that you want to know more about, a better image would certainly help.

But thanks for the clarification regarding the alloys! That "aluminum ring" had me wonder ...

Christian

The ring is made out cupro-nickel and the core is made of aluminum bronze, not just brass and aluminum There aren't too many countries, or almost none that I know of, who dares to use aluminum, as in unalloyed metal as part of a bimetal because it corrodes too easily.

I have a 10 dinar bimetal coin from Algeria that has an aluminum center, I have to say its quite unattractive, the falcon it depicts is difficult to see :ninja:

algeria7zf.th.jpg

I have a 10 dinar bimetal coin from Algeria that has an aluminum center, I have to say its quite unattractive, the falcon it depicts is difficult to see :ninja:

algeria7zf.th.jpg

That's got to be one of the funny-est looking circulation coins I've seen! ;)

Archived