• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

24q1xg3.jpg

Reverse -- I've rarely encountered such a well-struck, virtually flawless IHC -- the diamonds are absolutely full, the ribbon is amazing and the field has no imperfections -- this reverse is similarly flawless

Beware the 'green-eyed monster'......lol...Art, thanks, but I think I mentioned long ago that cents are my favorite venue in coins.......

You did and I have to agree 100%. They're wonderful. Maybe not really "green-eyed" but the blue is moving in that direction rapidly. :grin:

1029827.jpg

£4. O.O

1029828.jpg

lead or pewter trade token from 1630-1730's around the same price as the above

1029830.jpg

£10. half dime for a tenner O.O

from a shop not the mailman but it counts right :)

Really nice Scott. You've found some great items. :bthumbsup:

My first art medal:

1029837.jpg

That's a beautiful medal Ik. Any reason you chose that particular item?

Yeah. The Greek mythology theme, the semi-Deco way it was executed... and it's just freakin' gorgeous. :D Also, the price was right; most of the ones of these I've seen on the Bay of E have been twice what I paid for this, and this one still had its original case (the red-brown thing it's sitting on in the picture). It's estimated to date from some time between 1946 and 1955, but I haven't been able to research a date certain yet.

The image doesn't really give a good idea of just how deeply sculpted the design is. I may take a few more from different angles. The satyr rises a full 1/8" from the field, and the finish is absolutely satiny. I don't know if it was gilded or if that's the natural finish (I believe they were struck in bronze, and I though bronze would be darker). It's 21/8" across; the details on the back are just amazing.