CoinPeople.com

What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

I picked this one up at a local show today:

94485.jpg

94486.jpg

Strange I could not see the pics until I replied and saw the links to copy and paste in another tab?

Edit: Really strange after posting I could see the pics in both yours and mine. I wonder since it is already in my temp. files?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found a few keepers at the show today!

James II maundy 2 pence (filled a long time hole in the start of my British type set- one of each monarch):

1687%202%20pence%20obv.JPG

1687%202%20pence%20rev.JPG

Saw this beauty (Halfpenny!) and couldn't resist bumping a worn out farthing from the same set as mentioned above. Seller graded it VF obv/F rev. So I ended up with a decent deal on a piece with a good portrait.

1694%20halfpenny%20obv.JPG

1694%20halfpenny%20rev.JPG

One for my other most favorite set, toned coins! ICCS AU-58.

1902%205%20cent%20ICCS%20AU58%20obv%20Toned.JPG

1902%205%20cent%20ICCS%20AU58%20rev%20Toned.JPG

Bit of an impulse buy, but I really liked the medieval theme. Turns out it is a commemorative for the 300th anniversary of Innsbruck University. At 20g of .900 silver, I didn't pay much over melt for it either! After seeing some other other images in my World Coins Book in this series, I may be buying more in the near future.

1970%20Austria%2050%20schilling%20obv.JPG

1970%20Austria%2050%20schilling%20rev.JPG

the one of every monarch route... i took that route, james II is hard.. i got stuck with a tin farthing in lets say.. shabby lol

william and mary farthings are hard to get in a decent grade that one is alright, shame about the date being worn though.

got a few new pieces myself, i'll upload them later

the one of every monarch route... i took that route, james II is hard.. i got stuck with a tin farthing in lets say.. shabby lol

william and mary farthings are hard to get in a decent grade that one is alright, shame about the date being worn though.

got a few new pieces myself, i'll upload them later

My post wasn't too clear, this new pickup is a halfpenny. My only William and Mary piece before this was a very worn farthing.

Indeed it is a shame about the date, it was the first thing I noticed after the nice portrait. Thankfully it's a one year type, so I don't think it's too important.

Great pick-ups!

Nicer British pieces are very hard to come by in Van/Vic - too many collectors.

Around Edmonton I've only found one shop that had anything half-decent for pre-1900 British stuff. Unfortunately, the owner is a major scumbag a-hole, and he will get none of my future business. It's unfortunate, since some of his employees are quite kind and knowledgeable.

Most of the shops around here tend to be geared more towards stamps, or new Mint products :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Congrats, K! Is this for a specific set of yours?

Not really. I just like KGVI coins, especially the halfs and dollars. Had some money ready for a bullion purchase, but then I saw this and had to put in a bid in on it. Somewhat surprised that I won it in fact.

Also picked up one of these, as it's been on my list since I started the Nudity on coins thread a while back:

albania12lek1926.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...