bobbycoin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This morning the Charles l shilling arrived from jolly old England, paid on Jan6th and here in my hand on Jan13th , its nicer than the pic suggested.Another hammered for Mr B :ninja:

Ive only now noticed the reverse is clearly double struck.Top right of the shield.

IMG_3926.jpg

That's cool. You can even see what looks like clashing inside the shield. I noticed even the stars shape change thru it.

I have a couple bust halves. But really don't know anything about varieties. What am I missing on the 1808? Also is there any online reference? You got me wanting to check mine.

How many pages? Does it seem like it is comprehensive enough? I ask because I am in the market for a good reference on them.

The book that I got has a 1997 copyright - no edition information. It is 224 pages - hardbound. From a number of things that I've read this is the "Reference Bible" for MPCs. I know that Fred Schwan is well respected as the expert in this particular field. I 've seen some later editions that have far more pages than mine has but I don't know what the differences may be. I'm just looking at these and have no expertise so my recommendation has to stop there.

I recieved a certain item which was the cause of much discussion and perhaps disruption for which i apologised to the forum for with the exception of one individual.

The item paid for immediatly on the 21st of dec was sent on the 5th of jan and arrived jan 23.Obviously i dont hold that one person liable for actual shipping time,in fact if recalled i bought a henry vi and edward ll a fortnight back and they have not arrived yet.What i do feel is accountable for is the time taken to ship it.Plain and simple.

So i propose if said person would like to forward a paypal payment address i will make full restitution of monies in the same amount of time it took to send it after id paid.

Cant say fairer than that.I only post here so the forum knows ive kept my word.

That's cool. You can even see what looks like clashing inside the shield. I noticed even the stars shape change thru it.

I have a couple bust halves. But really don't know anything about varieties. What am I missing on the 1808? Also is there any online reference? You got me wanting to check mine.

The 1814 is an O-102a, which is known for the clashing on the reverse (interestingly, there are a couple other marriages which have dramatic clashing on the obverse, with 3 stripes from the shield extending from Liberty's ear). The 1808 is an O-107a, which is known by the crescent by Liberty's neck (giving her an adam's apple) and a die crack that extends through her head. You can see a lot of good photos with diagnostics for each marriage sorted by year at coinzip.com, one of the most helpful sites on bust halves I've seen.

Kornholio - great piece! Going for a high end type set?

Numismattic - if I remember correctly the Louisiana "baby bonds" were the subject of a scam where the treasurer issued a large number of unauthorized issues?

Thanks :ninja: One day perhaps, I have a few pieces of the puzzle, but there's still a long ways (and mucho $$) to go, hehe. I saw this piece and had to put in a bid, and then was fortunate enough for it to hold up.

At least you're way ahead of me! My '35 is G-4 (I'm not kidding!)

At least you're way ahead of me! My '35 is G-4 (I'm not kidding!)

hehe, I don't think I've ever seen a '35 or '36 dollar in worse than VF. Another project I've got going on is a 1936 dollar of each grade. I have an AU, MS-60, 61 and 62 so far. I've been looking on ebay, but most of the EF and worse ones I have seen have been cleaned or damaged :ninja:

• 1 month later...