CoinPeople.com

What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

This day has been absolutely horrible so I felt quite happy when I got my second Half Piastre coin from Cyprus. This is in a better condition than another one I already had. After a good look at it I also discovered a little error on it (could somebody let me know how you would call this kind of error?). Anyway... this and my cute girl were my mood savers today. :ninja:

926940.jpg

It is a die break.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a letter that says If I send the stamps I will get a Uncirculated Washington State Quarter in a Protective case. It is from the United States Commemorative Gallery. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Has anyone heard of the United States Cmmemorative Gallery????

Read the fine print, it's probably an "approval service" that will send you over priced coins by approval, and if you don't cancel and send them back in time you'll be charged for them. I think Littleton does this too don't they? "Standing liberty quarter for $1 and we will send you other great coins for approval each month" kinda stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 2007 US Clad Proof Set and the Jamestown Dollar and Little Rock Dollar. All of the coins and packages are in perfect shape. I'd say each of the coins in the proof sets has a shot at PF70. Both of the dollars as well. From what I've been reading, I guess I'm lucky.

Well, if you look to the right of the portrait you will see why it was probably cleaned. I think this had some kind of aggressive oxidation. This has also left its mark on the face. The front part has been damaged slightly. I guess that someone cleaned it and then put it in a lot. Maybe because he/she didn't like the result.

I am waiting for my mail at the moment but I'll tell ya' what I got yesterday, I got a nice rare 1816 S. Sett. 1 Cent in UNC I paid £3 for, some Palestinian coins for a bargain price and some 19th-Century British coins with weirdly different grade reverse/obverses which were probably worth about what I paid for them :ninja:

I might be getting more this morning... ;)

congrats ;) yea tell me bout the cleaning >_< gahh i have 3 , 1 i saved from being cleaned 2 r very very harshly cleaned :'(

You'll have something a bit better in a few days :ninja: