• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today the postman brought:

cable bill...

junk mail...

junk mail...

and my new book on U.S. Type Coins by Q. David Bowers that was sent to me by Art!

It is so cool to get things in the mail from other CP members.

An order of coin collecting supplies...

Two gas card bills (damn gas is high)

and two coins I won on eBay, a 1922 Peace dollar and an early commem. Both are gifts and will be back in the mail tomorrow.

1614 3 Kruezer

900337.jpg

Well, not from the mailman but from the Coindealerman..this is my latest acquisition (All I did was give him a piece of plastic :ninja: ) . A total impulse buy - I just liked the way it looks. Some kind folks on ABPN have been helping me with the attribution, but I got a lotta homework left to do.

Today the mailman brought to my house:

5 copies of "The Official Guide to Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection Edition #2", a PCGS book and

some Russian notes that I bought from a dealer at eBay. Love the pre-revolution Russian notes. Very cool looking.

I had a good Saturday. :ninja:

Again, not from the mailman but from the Coindealerman..my latest acquisitions. A few bucks in my pocket and a Saturday with nothing to do but check out the coin shops...my idea of a good time.

First up was a 1979 proof set ($8.00 woohoo) - I wanted the half and SBA for type sets.

900350.jpg

Then, this Washington-Carver commemorative screamed to be part of the half dollar type set ($14.50).

900346.jpg

I had to upgrade the Barber half in the set because, while having a lot of detail, the old one has been (in my opinion) cleaned :ninja: So, this one has taken its place - at probably a few bucks too much, but a VF20 on a good day, and I like it.

900345.jpg

Finally, this UNC Peace dollar - again an upgrade and pretty reasonably priced.

900341.jpg

All-in-all, a rather pleasant Saturday (well for me anyways).

5 new numismatic related books from Amazon.com. Three for the library, one for the coin club to use as a give away, and one for me.

This time I had ordered Cherrypicking, the guide to varieties.

I got a very special and wonderful gift in the mail today from a fellow CP member. 2 Columbian Halves 1892/93 and a 1930 Hungarian 100 Pengo note. I am so happy. It was a wonderful and most appreciated surprise.

Yesterday come the Chocolate Rouble from Anton (confiscated by Ramona...)

I've got today from France a superb Sadagura coin Para - 3 Dengi 1772. It's my first shiny coin of this type (the majority are porous from fabrication). I'm happy :ninja:

Also found a note on the doormat that another parcel was offered, but was too big for the mail slot. Will be offered again tomorrow. Must be the 3 old redbooks I won on Ebay recently ;)

Yup, it was indeed the red books.

well, actually, two red books (1959 and 1966) and a blue book (1963)

I love the prices in them.... :ninja:

Was delivered by parcel deliverer, who said that he'd come back later this afternoon, with some ore, but those would fit through the mail slot ;)

I'm curious

Was delivered by parcel deliverer, who said that he'd come back later this afternoon, with some more, but those would fit through the mail slot :ninja: 

I'm curious

And he did ;)

One of Colin's famous, no, actually two of his famous auctions that I won arrived:

A bunch of 1966 coins and some nice US, German and French cons for my collection, including a US 1945 mercury dime "micro S". And a nice note ;)