5 cents 1910

5 cents 1911

10 cents 1899 "small 9"

10 cents 1947

10 cents 1951

10 cents 1953 "shoulder fold"

10 cents 1953 "no shoulder fold"

:ninja: Thanks Franz!!

In the past couple of days (sigh, I am behind on this) I have got the Australian coin set 2005 with the three "60 years end of WW2" coins (I like the dancing man!), the UK 2006 set, with the Brunel and Victoria Cross commems, and a few pieces from Albania, Canada, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and San Marino. ;) The two Latvian ones I find particularly neat: There is the 1 lats coin featuring an ant (not my pics, I'm lazy) ...

ls1s_a.gif

... and the other one is a circulating commem dedicated to Latvia's joining the European Union last year. Instead of showing a map or country names, it features Spriditis, a little boy (from a fairy tale and the writings of Anna Brigadere) who discovers the world.

Spiditis-reverss.gif

Guess that was the message from Latvia (and some others) to the EU: I may be small, but don't underestimate me. :ninja:

Christian

Was a good day today :ninja:

not the mail man, but a customer from the UK who visited today:

UK 50 pence 2004 "Roger Bannister"

UK 50 pence 2005 "Johnson's dictionary"

He received both in change and he had another "Roger Banister" that was pretty beat up.

Mail man:

United Kingdom

1 shilling 1826 George IV

1 shilling 1901 Victoria

1 shilling 1902 Edward VII

1 shilling 1911 George V

1/2 crown 1915 George V

South Africa

six pence 1929 George V

2 shillings 1939 George VI

2 1/2 shillings 1940 George VI

Australia

50 cents 1966 Elizabeth II

Cuba

20 centavos 1949

Obrigado Jose!!

I almost forgot I received my Beginning Coin Collector kit from the US Mint. My husband almost freaked out when he saw the penny planchet. "I want one of those!!!" he said, his eyes gleeming. Now, where the heck do I get a plain planchet? I don't even know if I'm spelling it right! :ninja:

Mail from the Vatican arrived here today: I am allowed to order some of the coins that were issued earlier this week. :ninja:

For some reason the number of items that I can get was already entered. And there is a note on the bill saying that orders which have not been modified will be dealt with more quickly. Hmm, sure, it should be easy for me to sell those that I do not actually want. But this new system still does not make much sense in my opinion ...

Christian

I got a silver dollar in a trade with the Bunny, along with a Canadian bunny nickel! There were also a number of chocolate coins included, however the postal service was not kind to them! They did make an interesting noise when I shook the envelope though!