What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday I received a Rouble of 1898 ** and some old swedish coins. :ninja:;)

One of the swedes...

901379.jpg

1/2 Skilling Riksgälds 1802

...and the rouble:

901380.jpg

Just got the Finnish €5 Athletics World Championship coin. Nice ...

http://www.honscha.de/bilder/5fi05g.jpg

(not my picture)

... except that in this case I would have put the twelve European stars on the ring of the side featuring the runners legs. Simply because with such bimetallic pieces I prefer designs that in some way take the two different "color zones" into account. Other than that, a fine piece.

Christian

Well, it wasn't the mail, but today I went to the local coin show and saw my dealer friend with the box of foreign silver coins that he sells for silver melt value and I found a few interesting coins. I found a 1903 B and 1914 B Swiss 1 Franc coins, and a 1923-S Peace Dollar, and a 1934 Columbian 50 centavos. The Columbian coin is interesting because at that time they pegged the peso to the dollar, so this coin has 12.5g of .900 silver which is the exact metal content of a US half dollar. I never knew about the Columbian peg before today. In the past I usually pick up all the Panamanian Balboas as they are identical to US silver content. All four coins were only $9.70! :ninja:

Wow what a day! Received the nude on the shark note from Ben, the Lbertad, Spainish countermarked coin, and "ocean view" nickels from Tiff, I didn't have these so they went right into the album :ninja: and a very nice gift from Erik, a very interesting Dutch 5 Euro coin. Thanks to all ;)

Mailman hasn't arrived yet, but I bought two nice coins from a club meeting yesterday. :ninja:

EDIT: Mailman arrived and brought me my first 5 Franc coin ;)

901459.jpg

Coins have to be declared as either gifts or alternative, like medals - you can't just send coins as numisatic items or it's very likely that they get confiscated. I got two packages that got confisated by the customs and I never get to see the light of them :'( All I got to see are the photos provided by the sellers... :ninja: