What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got some Oregon P&D quarters, a really nice German 1 mark 1907 and a nice 1873 20 Pfennig in the mail. All of it from Tiffibunny. Thank you to her!

I also got a new edition of Coin World so I can read some more about the mess in Ohio.

Yes, thank you. Mom had a 'radical' back in 1994 and I've had a couple of bad reports which turned out to be other things. Quite a relief! Good to go for another year!

Nothing today - earlier this week received 2005 Silver Proof Sets, Oregon Quarter Rolls, 2005 Mint Sets, and my big purchase was a set of the 1976 Proof Bicentennial Coins slabbed from PCGS and autographed by the 3 designers, the quarter by Jack L. Ahr, the half dollar by Seth Huntington and the dollar by Dennis R. Williams.

Now I am broke and must save for more!

:ninja:

My 2005 Silver Proof Sets!

They are really clean this year, so much so I am thinking about ordering two more sets and cracking them out and submitting individual coins.

Good looking coins got delivered to me at least.

A lot of these old proof Indian Head Cents were wrapped in tissue paper and stuck in coincabinets or desk drawers for decades. The sulphur in the tissue paper cause the copper to oxidize and turn pretty colors. ;)

That is an amazingly beautiful coin. :ninja: Nice snag. Now what kind of effect does that kind of coloration do to the price? Collecting these types of coins could turn out to be a very fun hobby! Very pleasing to the eye (mine at least).

A lot of these old proof Indian Head Cents were wrapped in tissue paper and stuck in coincabinets or desk drawers for decades. The sulphur in the tissue paper cause the copper to oxidize and turn pretty colors. :ninja:

Of course if you did that now you'd be accused of AT-ing the coin.

BWRC sent me this today.........very pleased as it is now the center of my Toned Proof IHC set!!!!

1907IHC.jpg

I usually do NOT like toned coins, a lot of them seem artificially or unevenly toned. However this piece exhibits nice uniform and original toning and is an eye pleasing piece for even a toning descriminator like myself. :ninja:

You all have so nice coins :ninja:

Today i received these from an Austrian coindealer:

900221.jpg

Hungary, 5 Korona 1907 KB

900220.jpg

Austria, 5 Corona 1909

The mailman actuall only brought a note which told me to go to post-office for the coins... :rofl:

That is an amazingly beautiful coin.  :ninja: Nice snag. Now what kind of effect does that kind of coloration do to the price? Collecting these types of coins could turn out to be a very fun hobby! Very pleasing to the eye (mine at least).

It not unheard of to pay several times great sheet for nicely toned examples......in some cases even 10X to 20X grey sheet would be needed to sucure the best of the best.

ATing isn't a huge problem with the Proof Indian Head Cents though anything is possible. Most of the AT IHC's I see are Business Strikes.......now their are tons of AT'd pieces being hocked on Ebay. Sometimes lightly cleaned Business strikes will take on a proof like appearance with some nice coloring. Even I have been folled before which is why it;s wise for beginners to stick with certified examples of nicely toned coins.

The TPG's aren't perfect, but they catch a high percentage of the AT stuff being sent to them.