CoinPeople.com

What can you tell me about?

Unknown

I don't know spanish, so I couldn't understand the thread you linked. Gold dollars and $3 have been very heavily counterfeited over the years, so it's best to use caution, especially when buying them raw. The most basic diagnostics you could do is comparing the coin to photos of authentic coins for the placement of letters and the date, also checking the specifications (this coin should be 14.3 mm in diameter, and weigh about 1.7g). You should also examine the surfaces of the coin for raised metal, perhaps dots or other disturbances as this could be a sign of a struck counterfeit. Otherwise, you could have it authenticated by one of the major grading services (NGC, PCGS, ANACS), but it's hard to offer opinons without a photo or having the coin in hand. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I just get this message from the links:

"¡Advertencia!

Parece que no estás autorizado para descargar o ver archivos adjuntos en este foro.

Por favor ingresa abajo o haz click -aquí- para registrar una cuenta en Numismata.org. "

Which I gathered to mean that I need to log in to view them. :ninja:

Those photos are better, and the reverse looks ok, but I would need to see a larger photo with better lighting to say difinitively. The reverse looks bad, the surfaces seem very odd, and there appears to be a big gouge in it which if genuine would impair the value. The side image (edge) looks uneven, like perhaps this coin was used in jewelry. If it was me, I wouldn't buy this coin.

Archived