CoinPeople.com

CoinPeople Dollars Design

MisterMcDoo

Please view these specs. Which design should the CP Dollars be based on?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Please view these specs. Which design should the CP Dollars be based on?

• Design 1. http://tinypic.com/5zmiyg
    • Design 2. [img]http://coinpeople.com/uploads/1118849473/gallery_74_26_11740.jpg[/img][img]http://coinpeople.com/uploads/1118849473/gallery_74_26_16865.jpg[/img]
    • Design 3. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Emperor_Oli/5dollars.jpg[/img]
    • Design 4. [img]http://coinpeople.com/uploads/1118849473/gallery_14_2_27911.jpg[/img]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 Bunnies – $100.................................$2,000 CP

30 Antons – $50....................................$1,500 CP

30 Sisus – $20........................................$600 CP

50 Stujoes – $10.....................................$500 CP

60 Doos – $5..........................................$300 CP

100 Unks – $1........................................$100 CP

Official printing quota.

I liked #1 the best.

I can't display it because of the type of file. Copy the url into your browser to get a look.

:ninja:

I voted for #1 because I don't think it is fair that only certain people get to be on the money.  It would be easier just to have the money more uniform without users ids or avatars.

I had that trouble when I designed mine. If there were a CP logo, then that would replace Shrek.

I voted for #1 because I don't think it is fair that only certain people get to be on the money.  It would be easier just to have the money more uniform without users ids or avatars.

I understand what you are saying, but it would still be fun. The first designs will probably not be the last, either.

I voted for #1 as it is the least likely to land Anton in jail. :ninja:

Watch this space because design 1 has been updated and will be put to a new use that's not for the CP Dollars (although if it won this which is unlikely, then it could do both). Although i cannot say more until the member that they have been designed for decides to announce it.

As much as i prefer the designs on 3 and 4 to all the others, i seriously think there could be legal issues. (Oli has already stated that design 3 was done for fun and is realistically out of the running, unless the shrek bit is replaced). Design 4 i think is seriously getting into dodgy territory, i mean Shrek characters on several notes. Even if you did bring it to their attention and they demanded a cut on something you've not making a profit on producing anyhoe, then it'd prove econimically unviable to produce. The whole point of this exercise as i saw it, although McDoo's furlongage may differ, was to build up Coinpeople's economy and finances. By paying royalties out we'd actually be loosing more money and the whole scheme wouldn't work realistically.

I think the best way to progress forward is to do one of the following;

1) Create a Coinpeople Logo, the one on design 1 has been updated a little. And replace th Shrek theme with a logo.

2) Instead of using the Shrek avatars why don't you ask each member for a picture of either their most famous coin (i.e the one they are most associated with on the board, like Tiff ceramic Polish one) or perhaps their favourite. The rest of the notes can then remain unchanged and the legal minefield is avoided.

1) Create a Coinpeople Logo, the one on design 1 has been updated a little. And replace th Shrek theme with a logo.

I was scouting around for a logo but realised there actually isn't one. I don't think I'm skilled enough to make a logo, however.

I went with three

They were all awesome but three just was a bump above the rest.

I do have to say the Andy money gave me the biggest smile

Why not have a picture of the actual person on the note? No copyright issues there. Unless of course the person doesn't want their likeness known to the whole community.

That's just as good. Suddenly i'm very thankful i'm not on a note! :ninja: (Cameras *shudder*)

I don't see any copyright "issues" at all. That would only come up if we were looking to make profit with CP Dollars, which we certainly are not.

For example it's definitely not illegal to print out pictures of Kermit the Frog and share them with your friends.