CoinPeople.com

Essay Contest for Writers

Could you consider posting all of the publishable essays?

Personally, I hate writing "on spec" and I do not do it. In other words, if someone wants something, they have to offer me something more than "maybe." I know that life has few guarantees and I have had stuff canceled after I wrote it. And editors have rejected articles they asked for. :ninja: (Ouch! ;) ) So, there is all of that. Still, the efforts apparently deserve to be rewarded, especially considering the general context here at CoinPeople.

I can live with one first place winner. I just hate to see good work go unused, mine of course, but other people's as well, certainly.

And it is not even the money -- though the money is nice: thanks, to Jorge for being generous. I would do this for a $25 Penny in a 2x2 with "First Place" written on it in ballpoint.

If you want to go with three or four "places" I can make the certificates. It is just that "third place" sounds so chintzy. How about

1. First Place Award

2. Honors Award

3. Worthy Award

4. Notable Award

I have some Pennies to with them, all large from the early 1960s and all nominally uncirculateds.

I just did mine for funsies and I wanted to see if I could actually write a few hundred words in a short amount of time on a topic I knew nothing about before I started. Last place or no place is fine with me. ;)

Nothing I write will ever go unused as I am always my own publisher even if the entire rest of the world rejects my work. I don't need no stinkin' editors. :ninja:

I just did mine for funsies and I wanted to see if I could actually write a few hundred words in a short amount of time on a topic I knew nothing about before I started. Last place or no place is fine with me. ;)

Nothing I write will ever go unused as I am always my own publisher even if the entire rest of the world rejects my work. I don't need no stinkin' editors. :ninja:

I wrote mine from the cuff, ie without looking for the books I got this inane information with, frankly, because I couldn't find them in the piles of books I am getting ready to move to my new house.

Either can I! If it wasn't for spell checkers, you would have no idea what I am saying.  Sometimes, with spell checkers, it is probably tough to figure it out. :ninja:

My problem with spelling is that I learned to spell the British/Canadian way, ie colour instead of color and lettre instead of letter. This is a bit of a problem now that I am doing a lot of html coding, I have to be very careful with spelling convention especially with the word color/colour, I usually type the latter and then nothing works.

My problem with spelling is that I learned to spell the British/Canadian way, ie colour instead of color and lettre instead of letter.  This is a bit of a problem now that I am doing a lot of html coding, I have to be very careful with spelling convention especially with the word color/colour, I usually type the latter and then nothing works.

Wow i didn't know Canadians spelt letter like that!

Spelled or spelt? i can't remember which is correct there.

Archived