CoinPeople.com

C is for Coo-kie!

The only crazy story I have about Halloween happened when I was in grade school - 2nd grade to be exact. A school friend of mine was having a Halloween Party and I went - mind you, my parents very seldom let me go to anything like that, so I was soooooooooo very excited. I dressed up like a princess with a pretty pink dress, a crown - you know - all the princessy stuff. During the party the father of my friend announced that we were all going to play a game. He said we would have to go down to the basement, one by one with all of the other parents that were there and we could not see or hear what the other kids were doing. When it was my turn, I went downstairs, and there were lots of parents there. They put a big white sheet over my head and the father of my friend said, "Okay Joan, you have something on that we want. You have to guess what it is that we want. You will have to take it off and hand it to us."

Well, I had not a clue what they wanted, so off came one shoe, then the other, then a sock, then the other, then my jewelry, piece by piece. And there was lots of laughter and every time, "Nope, that is NOT what we want." So then I am down to my dress and undies and I am freaking out. I actually took off the dress, cause I knew that had to be it. I handed it under the sheet, and to my horror, I hear "Nope, Joan that is NOT what we want!!" Now I am horrified. They are not getting my underwear, NO WAY. So I am thinking, what else do I have on that they want? Then I finally figure it out and I said, "You want the sheet, don't you!!" That was it. Everybody laughed, and I was saved the humiliation of being nude under that sheet! I felt very dumb, let me tell you!!

:ninja:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day-UM!!! I wanna basket! Cool hobby, Tiff :ninja:

Unfortunately, I don't have any Halloween stories. For the majority of my Halloween years I lived in a small town in Maryland, and everyone was ultra-conservative and anti-satan, so "Halloween" was called "Fall Festival" and nobody dressed up or did much of anything.

But I will say that my favorite thing about Halloween is ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS!!! :yum:

My halloweenie story has'nt tecnically happened yet. Because it's going to be this halloween...

I have'nt been able to celibrate halloween since i was like 3 due to a......um......."overly Republican" family. But now that i'm on my own i'm going to get to contribute to a lot of rotting teeth. :ninja:

Lets see.....I would say the most memorable Halloween was when I was very very young. I only remember little snippiets of it, but I was dressed as a clown and my dad dressed up as Dracula. Probably the only time my dad dressed up. Im not sure if my brother was born yet.....but if he was he would of been too young to be involved. There was this "house" at the very end of our street. We lived on a very narrow street where if there were cars parked on the street....two cars could not pass side by side. This "house" was more of a castle then a house. It had a huge front yard that was really over grown and not much of a backyard....mostly just the driveway. The castle was always dark and very very spooky. And on Halloween it was even spookier. The owners of the house were good people and played the spooky castle thing to a T. They played scary music and made it extra dark......when going trick or treating it was always one of those things where you tell your friends or your dad for that matter...."you go do it....no you go ring the bell....you do it!" LOL.....I swear I remember him dragging me up there with my hands....I wasnt kicking or screaming, but my heart was racing and my face was flush....I was soooo damn scared.....keep in mind that I was only about 3-4 years old. I remember the door being rung somehow (whether I knocked or my dad) but they slllllooooowwwwllllyyyyy opened the door....cccrrreeeeeeekkkkkk! and I dont remember what he was dressed in....but it scared the living crap out of me....he stuck out a bowl and inside was a severed hand.....oh I lost it....I dont know whether I got any candy, but I distinctly remember running away as fast as I could....telling kids..."you dont want to go over there....you dont want to see what he has!" Something like that anyways. I just remember to this day that "house" and how freaking scary it was.

My house is the scary one. Last year things didn't work out well and I didn't get a chance to decorate or get into my vampire garb for the night. I believe I was working or something. It was funny because I could hear the kids ask when Patrick or my Mom gave out candy... "Where's the cool vampire?" :ninja: So, I'm going all out this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived