CoinPeople.com

TV Homeshopping Net

2coins

I have seen this program on late TV (Satelite) the homeshopping network that sells coins, Everything this guy raves about is a good deal!! Yea right.........have any of you seen this program?? It just seems to me that they are hooked-up with some coin dealers that are just sellin thee common type overstocks from dealers, and makeing a killin on all this newer stuff comeing out (USA coins), whats your thoughts?????? :ninja:

I know what you're talking about. One that I saw was with state quarters and just about every other sentence contained "GEM BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED".

Another one I saw recently was with the 1994 matte proof Jefferson. It was in a "special" PCGS holder. The guy also had for sale a full set of Silver Eagles up to date, and he was talking about how great of a deal it was and how hard it is to get them in MS-69.

Whatever...

Avoid them like the plague :ninja:

The only time I ever purchased stuff from a Home Shopping Network was when I worked for them. I got coins/notes for 10% above cost. :ninja: Got some Gold Certs, confederate notes, peace dollars, and proof SAE's. That was the only way it was worth it.

I suspect it is probably very expensive to create and broadcast a TV show and I have no desire to help them pay their extra overhead.

How's that for diplomatic? :ninja:

I have never bought anything off of them, but I find it interesting. Last night they were on selling things. They had for example the State Quarters from 1999-2004 and UNC P & D and the proof of each state for $449. What I find interesting is that if they sell lets say 1,000 of these, they had to break open 6 proof set just to get the San Fran quarters, which in turn reduces the number of actual proof sets still around. This type of offer from this show and others is what is driving up the prices of recent proof sets.

This type of offer from this show and others is what is driving up the prices of recent proof sets.

Which they have already stocked a warehouse full of. When the price reaches an acceptable level, BAM! They have a show on proof sets while charging the customer an insane amount of money.

First a disclaimer, I did once buy a G-scale train set for my Christmas Tree from the home shopping channel, so I have disclosed any conflicts I might have (the set is really cool, and still works great!). I have never bought any of their coins, as they are mostly overpriced and overgraded. One thing I noticed watching last night though was that they were really discounting the difference between MS-69 and MS-70 on their certified coins. This puzzles me, since they are in one breath asking so much more for the 70s, yet the very next word they are talking about how no one could really tell the difference between the two (which I agree with). Seems an odd way to promote "perfection." :ninja:

All said, they did it seems have a really good price on a set of old silver cert. about $5.00 apeice crisp! I may have gotten those if I had the money, I feel you couldnt loose to bad on that deal.Maybe they dont know currency that well??? :ninja:

2coins Posted Today, 01:13 PM

All said, they did it seems have a really good price on a set of old silver cert. about $5.00 apeice crisp! I may have gotten those if I had the money, I feel you couldnt loose to bad on that deal.Maybe they dont know currency that well??? 

Maybe they don't know anything that well???

I have purchased from both HSN and Shop at Home. I have been satisfied with every purchase I have made. You always have 30 days to return the merchandise. I know it is not for everyone. Sometimes it is just fun to watch and learn about the coins and bills, especially for a novice like me. :ninja:

Archived