CoinPeople.com

Peter III Rouble

Ian

Here's a (hopefully genuine :) ) rouble from the period of Peter III.  Not exactly in the best of conditions....it appears to have been holed (and plugged) and scrubbed to death at some stage. Dated 1762, Moscow mint (MMD below bust) when Daniel Mochalkin was mint master.

rouble1762AMobv.jpg

rouble1762AMrev.jpg

3 hours ago, ViFi said:

This rouble looks Ok 

I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder :) .

To me it looks like someone has dragged it through a hedge....more than once! Still, it is authentic and a collectable example of a scarcer type coin.

I like yours, Josh. it is quite nice. Peter's features and everything else are distinct.  It has never been cleaned or doctored and sure would have a lot to tell. It might be an overstrike?

Sigi

22 hours ago, sigistenz said:

I like yours, Josh. it is quite nice. Peter's features and everything else are distinct.  It has never been cleaned or doctored and sure would have a lot to tell. It might be an overstrike?

Sigi

I was wondering about that myself.  The ghosted letters at the right of the portrait..  cant quite read it.