CoinPeople.com

Challenge coins, Unit coins and fantasy ones

Here is a free PDF on the history of challenge coins,   https://www.google.com/search?q=UAHCC-v0.99&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 In the last few years there have an increase in first res ponder unit coins and fantasy coins to truely be a challenge coin there must be a rank on it. Either military or in the government officials ie  president etc. Since there are few ranks in the police and fire depts. It wouldn't seem tyhat the challenge drinking game would work to well.
49263695938_27af3da584_z.jpg
49264162796_4c59b44752_z.jpg

32 minutes ago, thedeadpoint said:

Are these yours? Did you earn these?

They didn't have them when I was in the Gulf of Tonkin yacht club, plus was to low on the peaking order to make any difference. the Dallas one the, the Detroit group 6 one and the fantasy ones are mine. the rest are from bulk buys  Eight of them all came together. 

On 1/21/2020 at 10:14 PM, Circus said:

USS Rogers,DD876  WWII vintage. Went from the full time Navy to the reserves in Washington, then to the South Korea navy then melted down into Kia's and sent back here.

My dad was USS Holder, DD-819. I believe it went off to Peru or Chile and eventually became a reef!

9 hours ago, thedeadpoint said:

My dad was USS Holder, DD-819. I believe it went off to Peru or Chile and eventually became a reef!

Considering how fast they built them then they sure did last and other than the equipment being out dated. they beat the hell out of them and they kept on floating! There was two of them that one had the front half blow off, and another had the back end  destroyed they brought both in to drydock and cleaned them up and welded them toghter and sent it back out. One of these was the USS Blakely, front 60 feet was destroyed by a German U-boat. The bow was taken from the USSTaylor

Since it has been mentioned that one way of using the coins in a drinking game is the highest rank wins and lowest rank rank buys the round the highest rank is the commander ih chief and since our current one was in the neighborhood last night  live about 2 miles from form the air base.
49466226551_24246974d4_z.jpg
49466449197_3a5450fb91_z.jpg
today and the next two posts will be in honor of him

49466226731_e1172938da_z.jpg
49465734673_d04681d84b_z.jpg
Here is the first of two versions of the same token, I Like this version because it being gold it does pop more in any type lighting. It would pass in  bar lighting as  the top challenge coin. If I remember the dim lighting. Last time I was in one was 45 years ago