CoinPeople.com

Show Your Sample slabs

acan451

102_0892.JPG102_0947.JPGShow your sample slabs 

There are some great samples out there so let's see yours. They is getting to be a popular collectable now.

This is the first world sample slab from PCGS, it is getting hard too find now and it has sold for some premium  prices

All the best 

Alan

In short, a sample slab is what a grading company's us too show the public their newest holder. 

When PCGS first started grading world coins, this was their first sample of a world coin they produced.

It showed collectors what the coin and holder would look like together.

So every time a new type of holder comes out so does the sample slab.

There are hundreds of sample slabs from every grader with some command a high premium

too collectors. Collecting sample slabs is becoming very popular now with many new collectors coming on board.

Hope this helps

Alan 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:42 PM, SMS said:

DGS-Sample_Slab-OBV.jpgDGS-Sample_Slab-REV.jpg

Received this one directly from them, but have not been able to find any on the market anywhere.  David Lawrence Rare Coins' pet project when the TPGs were going more quacky than normal back in 2008.

I used to live a short distance from DLRC. I attempted to go to their store once but I don't think they allow drop-ins.

I also used to live very, very close to another dealer. I forget the name but it was one of the dealers that advertised very prominently on many different pages in Coinage and CoinWorld magazines. On the back cover. Also wasn't allowed to drop in. Boo.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:48 PM, acan451 said:

In short, a sample slab is what a grading company's us too show the public their newest holder. 

When PCGS first started grading world coins, this was their first sample of a world coin they produced.

It showed collectors what the coin and holder would look like together.

So every time a new type of holder comes out so does the sample slab.

There are hundreds of sample slabs from every grader with some command a high premium

too collectors. Collecting sample slabs is becoming very popular now with many new collectors coming on board.

Hope this helps

Alan 

Yes it does. Thank you!

I have a number of sample slabs from different companies in my collection. I like them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a very desirable sample slab, it is very hard too find and can command a high premium at auction.This is a PCGS 005-3-1 the sample slab that came with dates 1898,1899,1907,1903,1906,1907.1910,1911. It is a very hard too find. I have however seen a 1904 for sale recently so this is an unknown date for this sample as far as I know. 

IMG_0403 (2).jpg

IMG_0404 (2).jpg

Art1.2

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:41 AM, Art1.2 said:

I have a number of sample slabs from different companies in my collection. I like them. 

Hello Art1.2 it has been a long time nice too hear from you.

Maybe you can post some pics of you ample slabs 

Alan 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 8:42 PM, SMS said:

DGS-Sample_Slab-OBV.jpgDGS-Sample_Slab-REV.jpg

Received this one directly from them, but have not been able to find any on the market anywhere.  David Lawrence Rare Coins' pet project when the TPGs were going more quacky than normal back in 2008.

It is a rare sample, and I think still undervalued. Hang onto it as I think it will go up in value in the future 

Alan