CoinPeople.com

Alexey Mikhailovich Novodel Rouble

DAJ

Hello -

I was scanning things and came across this coin.  It is very interesting and a very old novodel.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this coin?  Experiences or does anyone have images to share.  Any proud owners?  Novodels interest me.  And for one to be so old.    Seems odd and even a little mysterious.  Thanks much.

Even called Novodels, those coins were made most probably in Ekatherina II period. So wear is normal for them. Novodels were prohibited to make in 1890.  At that time most of the original stamps were  destroyed. 

• 6 months later...

Possible 19th century strike for copper, poltina was in my collection for several and I sold small collection of rare novodels include poltina and ruble since my collection wasn't improved for years.I believed one original silver is in Russian museum .

I remember 2nd  ruble described as original sold  in Prokop collection,it was discussion later about about identification of authenticity.I didn't review coin personally and the images from  catalog was very poor quality.

David

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...