CoinPeople.com

Introducing the CoinPeople Dollars

MisterMcDoo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL nice one @ Shrek design. That is a really nice idea. :ninja:

I used to do something like this, but yes, I guess this is quite similiar to something called vouchers. Of course, vouchers are an excellent way to try to get the customers to come back and use it. ;) And that is just perfect for the interaction of people in this channel ;)

The major problem with this is how you are going to fix a number against a price, supposingly if your coin is 50 USD, how are you going to price that in CP "dollars"? Another major issue would be, how are you going to back that CP "dollars"? Of course, it has to be backed upon some of your cash, properties on hand.

How are these notes going to be made? By an inkjet printer? (totally 100% water soluable... :cry:) Color laser printer? Etc.

Yes, to solve those counterfeit issues, I had a seal that is "PRETTY" hard to counterfeit, + yes, I definately signed it. Each was individually labelled and also had a period of time when they had to be used, or they could be exchangable for newer ones.

As for the design, I was really lame and took the designs out from various world coin designs and added them into the vouchers with "some" extra other borders, etc that I used to make... hehehe. :lol:

Wonderful!

Oli that is the best yet undoubtedly. Although there is one slight question raised by the inclusion of Shrek and that is Copyright. Could printing off say 6000 Shrek notes not be a bit open to a legal minefield?

It was just used to demonstrate what could be put there. I thought who better than our dear leader :ninja:

I'm not enriched with design talent. I do however have the talent to enter things. So count me in.

Please - whatever notes are selected, reserve an entire set. I'd like to include them in the Short Snorter 05 (SS05), and then we can use them as prizes for giveaways or auction them for a good cause or whatever.

Thanks,

:ninja:

Tip: Never save files as jpg. That's because it's compressing your files too much and you get some odd distortion. I am assuming that you are using MS paint, which is perfectly possible to do. Instead, save it as PNG. It will help. *Don't ask WHY, but it will :ninja:*

Thanks, the PNG will be useful in future.

Jpeg was chosen for a reason, size issues mostly, but blurred vision helps to prevent people printing them off unofficially.* Unlikely that the jpeg ones above will even make it to printing anyhow because another set of designs are being worked on. MMD will probably do the circulation versions.

As for the others they are in the works. Double sided ones are being designed slowly, for the CANE thing and maybe for a few other events.

*Signatures should solve that issue. MMD will be signing most if not all of them.

Wwowww that is cool Emp. Oli.

Aetheling I'll have to say I don't much care for the post of the day thing. It would really complicate things, why not just have a certain allowance for CoinPeeps? If you want more CP Dollars, sell things!! It's a good way to boost the CP "economy".

The major problem with this is how you are going to fix a number against a price, supposingly if your coin is 50 USD, how are you going to price that in CP "dollars"? Another major issue would be, how are you going to back that CP "dollars"? Of course, it has to be backed upon some of your cash, properties on hand.

How are these notes going to be made? By an inkjet printer? (totally 100% water soluable... ;)) Color laser printer? Etc.

Yes, to solve those counterfeit issues, I had a seal that is "PRETTY" hard to counterfeit, + yes, I definately signed it. Each was individually labelled and also had a period of time when they had to be used, or they could be exchangable for newer ones. 

As for the design, I was really lame and took the designs out from various world coin designs and added them into the vouchers with "some" extra other borders, etc that I used to make... hehehe. :ninja:

First of all, there is no direct correlation between any "real" currency and a CP dollar. I don't expect anyone to be selling something worth $50 for CP Dollars.

CP Dollars are "backed" by the knowledge that there is exactly 5,000 CP Dollars out there between members.

All I have is an inkjet printer... but to tell you the truth, I don't find it necessary to create a private issue as realistic as Chatham Islands.

Also... very good note designs. Keep 'em coming!

One thing you must know when selling things for CP dollars... make them kind of expensive. As CP members are receiving an "allowance" and not working for their CP Dollars, at least for a while until all 5,000 Dollars are out, it's hard to spend wisely. For example the cheapest thing in my shop... a 50 Intis.... is 3 CP Dollars. Nothing should go for just 1 CP Dollar.

That might really be the one to use, actually Biggandyy.

Can you make a whole series?

1 CP Dollar - blue tint - Unknown

5 CP Dollar - orange-red colors - MisterMcDoo

10 CP Dollar - greenish colors like your first note - Stujoe

20 CP Dollar - silver/grey - Sir Sisu

50 CP Dollar - be creative ; ) - akdrv

100 CP Dollar - " " - Tiffibunny

That would be awesome. And put their names near the portrait too. This could be it...

Andy seems to have out done everyone.

Pity about this now redundant double sided one.

gallery_58_27_32665.jpg

(No PNG file to be found so it had to be JPEG again)...

The general idea was to cut out the black strip stick it where the arrow points (on the blank side) running down the space provided. The to fold the other side over and glue it shut. Making a two sided note. Hopefull the measurements were accurate enough to ensure the watermark area in the CP was lining up on both sides.

(If you were to draw on the inside of the watermarked area it might show through when held up to the light), as would the strip.

OK... when we get the designs I'll print exactly 5,000 CP Dollars out.

Sign up to receive CP dollars and you will receive an allowance of 100 CP Dollars a month. I'll open a thread so people can sign up... also give what denominations you want to make up your 100 CP Dollars.

Thank for the props. I still want to tweek it a bit and I will start on the series suggested. BTW: after today I won't be much around till Monday the 27th. I am going on vacation and even though I will be at home some of the time I am only on dialup 56k and a notebook computer, very hard to be creative on a little touchpad mouse :ninja:

Yes, I did model it after a green back. I wanted to remain traditional but update it a bit. I am glad I was able to achieve that goal. I am also going to work on a reverse as well.

Please don't bother making a reverse. It's difficult enough to print all these out, it's not worth it.

BUT...

thanks you VERY much. And please take the liberty of putting your name and/or username somewhere on the note as the engraver.

OK... when we get the designs I'll print exactly 5,000 CP Dollars out.

Sign up to receive CP dollars and you will receive an allowance of 100 CP Dollars a month. I'll open a thread so people can sign up... also give what denominations you want to make up your 100 CP Dollars.

I'd like to have some for prizes for the BCPI. Do they come from the original 5000 or do you want a special series for that and other similar things?