CoinPeople.com

Barbados $10 In Specimen Uncirculated!!!! Discovery Piece

Britcoin

I try to always keep my eyes open, and was walking the aisles at the Baltimore show yesterday (April Fool's Day), and near the end of my ambulation spied what looked at first to be a proof 1984 Barbados $10 coin with the three dolphins reverse. On closer inspection it was actually a copper-nickel specimen that I have NEVER seen in over 30 years.

It was listed at 200, but the dealer did let it go for 80. I told him it was specimen and why but he chose not to believe it. I will try to get a weight on this coin subsequently....

Still, a thrill. Krause erroneously lists an (M) piece - which stands for Matte. To the best of my knowledge, no mattes were struck by the Franklin Mint after 1977, or at least for public consumption.

I say this because there was some sort of Franklin Mint Collectors Society or Club & the members were evidently and occasionally extended privileges of "special" coins/concoctions when they visited the premises (presumably Franklin Center, PA). I wonder if there will ever be a large deaquistion like with the recent release of the King's Norton horde....??

• 1 month later...

I try to always keep my eyes open, and was walking the aisles at the Baltimore show yesterday (April Fool's Day), and near the end of my ambulation spied what looked at first to be a proof 1984 Barbados $10 coin with the three dolphins reverse. On closer inspection it was actually a copper-nickel specimen that I have NEVER seen in over 30 years.

It was listed at 200, but the dealer did let it go for 80. I told him it was specimen and why but he chose not to believe it. I will try to get a weight on this coin subsequently....

Still, a thrill. Krause erroneously lists an (M) piece - which stands for Matte. To the best of my knowledge, no mattes were struck by the Franklin Mint after 1977, or at least for public consumption.

I say this because there was some sort of Franklin Mint Collectors Society or Club & the members were evidently and occasionally extended privileges of "special" coins/concoctions when they visited the premises (presumably Franklin Center, PA). I wonder if there will ever be a large deaquistion like with the recent release of the King's Norton horde....??

It's unbelievable!!!!

Please.....some photos for me!!!

/Users/ericdawson1/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/Thumbnails/2017/05/19/20170519-020003/ZYwE1frZSy2XxeJl3%fTUQ/thumb_IMG_1463_1024.jpg

Or how about this:

/Users/ericdawson1/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/Thumbnails/2017/05/19/20170519-020003/ZYwE1frZSy2XxeJl3%fTUQ/thumb_IMG_1463_1024.jpg

I can't seem to get these pictures. I have posted on Cointalk and Collector's Universe