CoinPeople.com

Canadian Maple Leaf coins

Art1.2

I don't have a lot of these coins but I have several different years and there's quite difference in the designs. I'll post a few pics here and if there is interest, perhaps some folks will post their earlier versions of the coins.

32409678145_db5f8fac32_c.jpg2013 Canadian Maple Leaf $5 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

32289549141_dfae5b0f39_c.jpg2013 Canadian Maple Leaf $5 reverse by Art OConnell, on Flickr

That's the 2013 Version. Someone had once told me that there was a difference in the coins issued for bulk silver sale vs those issued for individual "collector" type sale. Anyone have any info on this?

I really like the reverse on this coin by the way.

Yuk...I just looked at this after a long time and realized it's a horrible picture. I'll have to reshoot it.

2014 Canadian Maple Leaf

13931429218_366bcec0a4_c.jpg2014 Canadian Maple Leaf 1oz obv by Art OConnell, on Flickr

14118043035_b15f4110a1_c.jpg2014 Canadian Maple Leaf 1oz rev by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Over on the NGC Registry the sets of Canadian Maple Leaf coins seem quite popular. I know they're bullion pieces, like the ASE, but very collectible as coins too.

The fields on those two coins are very interesting. I don't like them but they are still interesting (and collectible!)

I happen to agree with you.

So not many folks with anything to add here? I thought this would be a rather easy one.

The new ones definitely add a weird dimension to the design, though they do make for a neat security features. I have to admit that I'm not too familiar with a lot of the RCM's newer products since they're now into the hundreds annually.