• $500-$1000
    • $1000-$2500
    • $2500-$5000
    • $5000-$10,000
    • $10,000-$25,000
    • $25,000-$50,000
    • Over $50,000
    • Mind your own business

I find it quite interesting the range of collectors we have here.... from the beginer / casual colector to the ubercollector / dealers... Its awesome how we all get along and interact no matter the level.

:ninja:

-Bobby

That was my point with this poll,to see the diversity of collectors here. Assuming everyone answered honestly,(excluding the six that told me to mind my own business ;) ) we have a solid mix of collectors.

I'm at the top of the ranking's but I'm not an Ubercollector by any stretch of the imagination. I've just been at it a long time. It isn't that hard to build a $50,000+ collection if you've been building it for over 33 years. That's less than an average of $1,500 per year. It was lower in the early years and as my income has increased it has been more in the later years, but it is still fairly easy.

I'm at the top of the ranking's but I'm not an Ubercollector by any stretch of the imagination.  I've just been at it a long time.  It isn't that hard to build a $50,000+ collection if you've been building it for over 33 years.  That's less than an average of $1,500 per year.  It was lower in the early years and as my income has increased it has been more in the later years, but it is still fairly easy.

My rating is also near the top and like Conder101 it is not a matter of huge investment, but a long time collecting. I've been adding to my collection since the early 1950s and find it hard to part with any of it, so it just grows and grows. I have many duplicates and sometimes will trade, but for the most part they just all reside together in my coin safe in perfect harmony.

• 1 year later...

Yes.... my collection is worth more than money to me. But since that's not how the market works, I put what I estimate the Red Book says. I can't remember because I've never actually tabulated it.

I didn't bother to vote because I feel that is sort of like asking someone how much money they have in the bank, how much they make at their job, etc. Most people I know if you asked them questions like that they would either say the none of your buisness or just lie about the amount anyway.

Poor college kid... can't be more than $500, especially since the majority of my collection isn't worth more than face value (that is, not including the 1931-S nickel I happened upon...)

Poor college kid... can't be more than $500, especially since the majority of my collection isn't worth more than face value (that is, not including the 1931-S nickel I happened upon...)

Your location says Rolla. Are you a Miner? I think thats what UMR kids are called.

If so, I'd bet you're an engineer. I raced against your solar car team in 2005. A bunch of good people on your team.

Poor college kid...

Join the club. :ninja:

People here have one coin that is worth my entire collection and then probably five times over again. But it's still fun. Just keep your eyes open for deals.

World coins are great to collect. So cheap and a huge range of designs to pick from.

Your location says Rolla. Are you a Miner? I think thats what UMR kids are called.

If so, I'd bet you're an engineer. I raced against your solar car team in 2005. A bunch of good people on your team.

Hah! Yeah, I'm a Miner, but not an engineer. Can't do calc to save my life, so I'm gonna be a teacher. I go here because my fiance is an engineer. I just tagged along.

Archived