CoinPeople.com

Help with identification of price and authenticity

Luke Sumner

Here is a page on the type:

http://www.tesorillo.com/aes/152/152i.htm

Ruler is Constantine I "The Great", minted 324-329 AD.

The reverse is commonly called a "Camp-Gate". They are generally assumed to be the familiar sight of the forward gate of a fortified city in the provinces; the legend PROVIDENTIAE AVGG means "Foresight of the Augustus." E.g. Look, this dude put this gate on your city to keep you safe from Barbarians.

Mintmark is SMN-Epsilon, for Nikopolis, now in Bulgaria. Epsilon means the 5th officina (workshop) in that mint.

It's in very nice condition but also very common. I would expect to see it sell for around $15-20.

Here is a page on the type:

http://www.tesorillo.com/aes/152/152i.htm

Ruler is Constantine I "The Great", minted 324-329 AD.

The reverse is commonly called a "Camp-Gate". They are generally assumed to be the familiar sight of the forward gate of a fortified city in the provinces; the legend PROVIDENTIAE AVGG means "Foresight of the Augustus." E.g. Look, this dude put this gate on your city to keep you safe from Barbarians.

Mintmark is SMN-Epsilon, for Nikopolis, now in Bulgaria. Epsilon means the 5th officina (workshop) in that mint.

It's in very nice condition but also very common. I would expect to see it sell for around $15-20.

Thanks for this information.