CoinPeople.com

Copper coins for Siberia

Tane

• 5 months later...

These are beautiful coins. I personally feel that coppers are the backbone of all coinage in that they are in most instances the coins used by the common person in day to day life.

Warning 400K image, how else would you see these lovely Siberians?

sib2.jpg

It must have required some dedication to amass these. These aren't easy to find at all.

Nice coins Dave. I'm a tad jealous of that wee collection of yours.

Ian

Gorgeous set, Dave! Can your collecting theme be called foxy coins? :ninja:

Actually I think they would have to be Sably coins :lol:

I had all but the Polushka until last November, when finally got it. The Polushka is in EF, but the image is lousy, and I cannot scan it well, so I may have to digital camera it, it turns out better that way.

• 4 months later...

That is indeed a very nice set.

The Siberian coins are one of the more appealing designs of the Russian series. I particularly like the sables on the reverse, an excellent design choice for a set for Siberia.

The coins are not easy to find in decent shape and this is a set to show off with pride.

I think the kopek is probably an original, but might be mistaken on that point.

• 2 years later...

Here are a couple of Siberian coins from my collection.

Siberia-2 Kopek 1769

Siberia-10 Kopek 1780

The 10 Kopek specimen looks to have been cleaned, otherwise the detailing is mostly very sharp especially in the shield.

• 2 years later...

I see this thread is ice cold, but I'll submit these images in any case. Here are three relatively recent aquisitions from my collection. I personally like each of these for specific reasons. The Polushka is a higher grade than is often seen even though it has a slightly rough planchet. The 1 Kopek I love for it's strong detail, and attractive toning. The 10 Kopek is interesting in that 1781 was the last year coins were issued for Siberia.

SiberiaRegional1Polushka1774.jpg

SIBERIA (REGIONAL)~Polushka 1774

Siberia1Kopek1774.jpg

SIBERIA (REGIONAL)~1 Kopek 1774

Siberia10Kopek1781.jpg

SIBERIA (REGIONAL)~Polushka 1781

~Daniel

I see this thread is ice cold, but I'll submit these images in any case. Here are three relatively recent aquisitions from my collection. I personally like each of these for specific reasons. The Polushka is a higher grade than is often seen even though it has a slightly rough planchet. The 1 Kopek I love for it's strong detail, and attractive toning. The 10 Kopek is interesting in that 1781 was the last year coins were issued for Siberia.

SiberiaRegional1Polushka1774.jpg

SIBERIA (REGIONAL)~Polushka 1774

Siberia1Kopek1774.jpg

SIBERIA (REGIONAL)~1 Kopek 1774

Siberia10Kopek1781.jpg

SIBERIA (REGIONAL)~Polushka 1781

~Daniel

:bthumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Archived