CoinPeople.com

PENNY 1 cent HEARTS/GOOD FOR MERCHANDISE ONLY aluminum 39mm

Everything I know about it is here - 39mm, aluminum, the words on it. It is obviously a trade token, quite large for a 1 cent token. Though it reads "penny" the cents symbol is used, which makes me think it is likely a US issue. If I knew more about it I probably would not have asked, but thanks.

I meant not enough info on the token itself to begin. Since everything is generic and provides no clue to the business or location, someone would have to recognize it to determine where it is from.

Thank you Bill. I imagine it must have been redeemable at a business operated by the Hearts. Given the popularity since the internet of hearts as a decorative motif, if there were any information I suppose it would be buried under tons of Valentine's merchandise. I hoped someone might have a price guide or state catalog left from the old days.

Research on "Maverick tokens" (tokens issued without clear identification of their issuer/origin) has been going on for decades - and some that are exceptionally generic might never be identified if it was issued in a small community where there would be few records in the first place to record it.