CoinPeople.com

Inherited a collection of coins from all over

Annahen13

Hi, I recently inherited coins that i would like to sell but I am having the hardest time. The World coin price guide is very confusing to me and i cant figure it out at all.

I have identified most of the coins tn the collection (denomination, composition, country and year) and i was wondering is there some sort of website or system or something easier where i can upload pictures and descriptions of each in one place and people would just come and buy it. I know it sounds very silly but i have been struggling with this for a while now.

Thanks for any and all help!

Take a look at the offerings on ebay. It's one of your best bets unless you have some true rarities. In world coins you may want to consider selling some as sets or lots from particular countries are areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Mind posting some of what you have? From my experience, most world coins made after about 1960 have almost zero value, and can only be sold in lots or by the pound if you hope to profit after shipping costs.

There are plenty of foreign coins that do have a collector market. Any silver will sell on eBay, as will most everything from the 1800s. I have noticed that some coins, especially the bronzes from late 19th century Scandinavian countries, have a very inflated catalog value--this is because they are very popular with collectors... in Scandinavia.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9o7yx2u0zUFc1Z2RXJ2ZFh1RFE&usp=sharing

Hi im posting a drive link because im not sure how to compress the photos i took (they are too big to upload i guess???) please excuse the quality of the photos, i really hope the coins are recognizable. Please feel free to take a look Finn25 and let me know what you think.

Thank yooooou!

Mind posting some of what you have? From my experience, most world coins made after about 1960 have almost zero value, and can only be sold in lots or by the pound if you hope to profit after shipping costs.

There are plenty of foreign coins that do have a collector market. Any silver will sell on eBay, as will most everything from the 1800s. I have noticed that some coins, especially the bronzes from late 19th century Scandinavian countries, have a very inflated catalog value--this is because they are very popular with collectors... in Scandinavia.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9o7yx2u0zUFc1Z2RXJ2ZFh1RFE&usp=sharing

Interesting collection. I do see a few valuable coins:

Egypt 5 piastres 1917 (first image) - about $5-10

US Walking Liberty half - about $5

2001 UK 2 pounds - ~$3

Most of the rest are going to be worth somewhere in the $0.25-1 each range. My suggestion is to sell the whole lot on eBay. Image it as a pile of coins, and make sure the silver, UK colonial (South Africa and India) and "exotic" looking coins are on top and visible. Start it at 99 cents and the lot should realize about $50-75, $100 at a stretch if you get lucky.