CoinPeople.com

Got to love the $5.00 for all boxes at the LCS!

Interesting stuff. They used to use that in preschool to teach the kids a bit about money and counting.

These are really nice ones most are not as sharp either in the coin or the word copy. That is just the first batch from the box in the neighborhood of 30 plus tokens plus $1.78 in change US and about $2.16 in Canadian coins so with the real money plus the Chucky cheese tokens (15) it was a good day for the grand total of out of pockect for .06!

These are really nice ones most are not as sharp either in the coin or the word copy. That is just the first batch from the box in the neighborhood of 30 plus tokens plus $1.78 in change US and about $2.16 in Canadian coins so with the real money plus the Chucky cheese tokens (15) it was a good day for the grand total of out of pockect for .06!

Way to go! :bthumbsup:

Nice Chuckie collection.. The First Fed is strange - wonder what it was designed to hold? Maybe a poker chip?

Nice squished pennies. I have a small collection of those. Machines are harder and harder to find these days.

Nice tokens. Ive been tempted to start a collection of transit tokens. I still have a variety of NYC tokens from mt youth.

Neat tokens. The Shell game, I remember. I had a bunch of those back in those days. Gave them to my younger brothers. They thought they were great treasures.

I think there are many many sets of Presidential Medals. I don't recognize these from any particular offering but they're neat.

Nice tokens. Ive been tempted to start a collection of transit tokens. I still have a variety of NYC tokens from mt youth.

Do you have any still that you can share? I'd love to know what you are considering.

Do you have any still that you can share? I'd love to know what you are considering.

I have a bunch of them but they're packed away somewhere. Maybe I'll try to find them and photograph them. OOPs :oops::oops: Resurgence of the collecting thing, I'm afraid.

Here is some info that was posted on another site for somebody that expressed interest in starting transport token collecting.

You'll want to join the AVA.

You can put together an extensive collection for almost nothing. There are thousands of issues you can acquire for 10c to 25c each through purchase and trade. Much of the whole area is unchartered territory where scarce varieties and high grades can also be acquired for almost nothing. Even tokens with only a hundred survivors can be acquired for as little as a few dollars sometimes though competition for scarcer items can be fierce.

When you do join buy at least volume one of the catalog.

Here is their web page

If you are a collector of Car Wash, Parking, or Transportation Tokens, you have come to the right place. Founded in 1948, the AVA is the oldest American organization of token collector http://www.vecturist.com/

Now that the family issues have dissipated I'm thinking of joining again.

Here is some info that was posted on another site for somebody that expressed interest in starting transport token collecting.

Here is their web page

If you are a collector of Car Wash, Parking, or Transportation Tokens, you have come to the right place. Founded in 1948, the AVA is the oldest American organization of token collector http://www.vecturist.com/

Now that the family issues have dissipated I'm thinking of joining again.

Looks like a nice site. Maybe something for me to consider next year if I do get the collecting thing going for tokens again.