CoinPeople.com

Senate considers $1 coin with presidents on it

Guest Stujoe

I think the $1 presidental coins are a sure thing. They will be good for general education of the public too. I've heard that some teachers are using the state quarters as a teaching tool in the classroom, and I'm sure they will use the presidental coins in the same way to discuss events of the time.

UncleBobo--perhaps the political bashing would be better off in the community forums portion of the website.

George Washington is turning over in his grave! Don't these politicians care that the first President of this country would have absolutely hated this idea?

Time to get back to depictions of "Liberty" on our coins.

George Washington is turning over in his grave!  Don't these politicians care that the  first President of this country would have absolutely hated this idea?

:ninja:;);):lol::cry::D

That's the best idea for a coin I've heard in a LONG time.

Maybe if we make Liberty "hip" the coins will be a big hit. Some tattoos on her arm, eye-shadow, new haircut.....yeah it could work!

I think the US mint should go retro....I would love to see a reincarnation of the Indian Head cent.....and the morgan silver dollar......and several other designs that were on Gold coins such as the $10 Indian and the $2 1/2 Indian instead of the stupid SAC's

I agree. But I'm sure they would manage to find some way to screw that up too...

Archived