CoinPeople.com

Sincona auction 24

bobh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very scarce. Just ask Steve :-) Only reason I had 3 (now down to 2), is because I was consciously looking for it for years. But, I do not consider the ones I have as coins -- antiquities, maybe :-) Yours is 100 times better.

very tough to find in decent shape..

Congrats to Alex. You did better than me, and did not even have to fly to the auction. As I mentioned before, I bought 1 coin - lot 246 - 1758 Ivanov rouble with pearls below crown.

Or is it Ivanov's? Interesting discussion on the Russian forum:

http://staraya-moneta.ru/forum/messages/forum2/topic86553/message805203/#message805203

Igor, based on that discussion you've done extremely well! Congrats! A misappropriated Dassier rouble is a very intriguing notion, I'm not sure how this theory will be substantiated but keep us in the loop.

Well, I didn't buy anything this time round, but I just won this coin sold by Sincona in 2012. It is a nice example of these coins too, so I am pretty happy. It was sold at the auction without mentioning Sincona though, fetching only a fraction of it's original price... Lucky me. :)

561f7a115864e-AU231200_copy_3.jpg561f7a206a0a7-AU231199_copy.jpg

1_503e094e24b9d.jpg

http://www.m-dv.ru/monety-rossii-1700-1917/prohod,89245/coins,3290/type,4346/auction,83/date,2012-10-12/lot,484/images-prohod.html

Congrats to Alex. You did better than me, and did not even have to fly to the auction. As I mentioned before, I bought 1 coin - lot 246 - 1758 Ivanov rouble with pearls below crown.

Or is it Ivanov's? Interesting discussion on the Russian forum:

http://staraya-moneta.ru/forum/messages/forum2/topic86553/message805203/#message805203

Igor, you mentioned that you ordered that magazine with Anton's article, how did you pay them for it? They don't accept PayPal. So far, I am annoying Anton to help me with getting a copy, but may be there is an easier way with less hassle for him?

Did anyone notice that none of the 4 Sincona collection auctions had any 1830-1839 type (wings down eagle) copper 10 kopecks? Not a single one as far as I could tell. Weird!

I wonder about that. They had all other nominals "in plenty" presented already. Will we see them in part 5?