CoinPeople.com

Your favorite coin subjects?

ananda108

What is everyone's favorite coin collecting subjects....the history/values/cherry picking stories/investing,etc?

And where are your favorite places you go to get you favorite coin collecting content (besides here of course! :) )

As a newbie myself, I am very interested in what makes people so passionate about coin collecting and where the best places are to get the best content around collecting!

For me, it is all about the history and the thrill of the "hunt"!

History is a major part of my collecting enjoyment. Right now I'm concentrating on Roosevelt Dimes and I like them because of the history of the US associated with FDR and in particular the March of Dimes. I remember the little March of Dimes booklets we'd get in school and fill with dimes. I think they held $2.00. When completed you could turn them in for a prize like a ruler or pen or some such.

What is everyone's favorite coin collecting subjects....the history/values/cherry picking stories/investing,etc?

And where are your favorite places you go to get you favorite coin collecting content (besides here of course! :) )

As a newbie myself, I am very interested in what makes people so passionate about coin collecting and where the best places are to get the best content around collecting!

For me, it is all about the history and the thrill of the "hunt"!

I love the designs - especially the ones that remind me of a grand old federal era. I love learning about the evolution of the designs. The patterns that made them.

I love hearing about the rarities. The ones you can find in your pocket and the ones you can find in your collection (rare die varieties). Especially the ultimate rarities.

My favorite place for content? Of course, here is number one. But when I had the time, I loved reading Coinage magazine and when I REALLY had the time, Coin World.