CoinPeople.com

Help, can you tell me what year these bills are?

detz

Well, I'm a risk taker. I called her and talked but she was at work so she said she would call me back. She called but I missed her call and she left a voice mail saying that shes new and there is not much she can do if it does not reach the "face value" since that's how ebay is setup. I have her number and address...I paid using American Express so lets hope all goes well. :ninja: If it does...what a deal I got...if not, I will be spending hours on the phone trying to get back what ever I can.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck. I would have pushed them to go escrow...but she kinda had you over the barrel since you agreed to pay within 48 hours. If it makes you feel any better, I had kept 4 super-crisp sequential bills from this series, but my wife decided to spend some of them. Of course, she grabbed the two middle bills, leaving me with 2 non-sequential bills left.

I like to buy cheap stuff on ebay. The expensive stuff is too scary.

Paypal is a joke!! And why would I say that you ask....because eBay owns them!!

Amen brother! I only use Paypal with people I trust (here for example). Someone once tried to screw me out of $700 in car parts that I waited on for almost 3 months. The post office sent them a "nice" letter explaining things. A week later I had parts at my house :ninja:

Good luck with your purchase. Maybe this is one of those "once in a lifetime" type things. Remember there are good people........but few and far between.

You could sell them for that if they are crisp unc, but the more I looked at that photo, the more I suspect that these are circulated bills.  Just make sure they aren't counterfeit!

Counterfeit, that would suck...if they are I spend them... ;) How can I tell, anyone know on these older style bills?

Redbook says $150 if they are UNC that's why I'm guessing $120 if they are a AU...we'll see I guess I'm going to scan them all in when i get them. If not, I still made money since I got them for less than they are worth..unless they are counterfeit! :ninja:

on the series 1990 and 1993 $100 bills, they do have the security thread in them, so you can hold them up to the light and see if they have the thread. This is the easiest thing to do, however not foolproof as the more advanced counterfeiters from the former Soviet Union and middle east found ways to fake the thread, hence the need for the big head $100 bills!

They aren't that unusual, and they still do circulate (the average lifespan of a $100 is many times longer than the 18-month life of a $1 bill). The pens should still work on them as it reacts with the paper, and these notes are still printed on the same cotton-linen fibre as current notes. I think you are starting to get paranoid now!

OK, well, you guys were right it was a scam. Now, I'm out $965...great. From that auction wouldn't you think they were real bills?! Well, I got them in the mail and it's "small" novalty bills. I called her up and she said the description said that's what they are but I told her in the collection industy that's not what it means. I told her I was going to contact the authorities and she said she was going to talk to the person who sold them to her. Any ideas on what I should do?

She said she made no false statements in the description and she thinks that these are worth $965?! I'm mad, and upset at myself....I need help.

title

TEN $100.00 FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES IN SMALL NOTE SIZE

description:

YOU ARE BIDDING ON 1 PKG OF TEN 100.00 DOLLAR BILLS IN WRAPPER. FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE IN SMALL SIZE THEY ARE EXTRA CRISP. LET PICTURE BE YOUR JUDGE.

Misleading...no?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Category it's in is for real currency, or so one would think. I don't think she did this by mistake, everything is planned too well. The pictures(no scale), the wording(small size) and even required insurance. :ninja:

All of our current notes are the same size, so to be real, these must be the same size as the ones in your wallet. Before you file a police report, you should try to work things out with the seller and see if she will just issue a refund if you return the items. If that doesn't work then let loose with the authorities.

All of our current notes are the same size, so to be real, these must be the same size as the ones in your wallet.  Before you file a police report, you should try to work things out with the seller and see if she will just issue a refund if you return the items.  If that doesn't work then let loose with the authorities.

Yeah, I've called her but she seems to think the deal was legit. I'm going to call once more today and say I'm filing the report tonight If I don't hear back from her. Someone mentioned this might be federal too since it's money, could this be a big issues dealing with feds to?

Archived