CoinPeople.com

Help, can you tell me what year these bills are?

detz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great...now, how much do you think they are worth...condition looks pretty good from that picture. ;) Or better yet, how much would you pay?  :ninja:

I looked on the Heritage auction archives and the 1993 star notes in unc were going between $180 and $200 each, the non star notes were about $120 for VF to XF examples. Personally, I would not pay more than $125 each for unc examples since I got a series 1990 in unc. for face from the bank about a year and a half ago.

hard to tell grade....esp. if the seller put the $1000 wrapper on there himself. some people put the best looking note on top and hide the well-circulated ones in the back. but if the bank did it, then the rounded corners might be the only wear and you're looking at xf+ notes all around. bit of a gamble though, without the seller showing high-quality separate scans.

My original goal for these "old notes" was to build a series of them to give to my kids since you don't see the old style notes anymore. I figured I was willing to pay %10 more than face for old(crisp) bills to put away. I got my $10's and $20's so I need $5's, $50's and $100's. So going by my original 10% mark $10 extra for each would work fine.

OK guys, this is really weird. I wont the auction for....$965...that's less than face value!!! Now I'm worried that it's a scam because who would loose $35 on this deal when they could take it to the bank and cash them in? What should I do now, anyone know how protected I am with Paypal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Protected by Paypal? HAHAHA! With big money items I will never touch Paypal. Only U.S. Postal money orders for stuff like that (screw with the post office and they don't take kindly to it).

I've been screwed by Paypal once....never again shall that happen.

Paypal is a joke!! And why would I say that you ask....because eBay owns them!! I got screwed over by paypal and ebay a few years ago. Out of the roughly $360 I lost, ebay will reimburse you $100 of course that is before they take out $25 for fees. So I got a big $75 back and they didn't even go after the person. And just last year I got a bounced check letter from my bank that a $1139.09 paypal withdrawl was attempted on my account. Mind you I hadn't used paypal in months before this happened. I spent 3 months complaining to paypal that I didn't authorize it. I had to send USPS about 40 pages of emails to them. And finally they released my account. I had already closed that bank account and had to open another.

So good luck to you on your purchase.

Wow, feedback of 2! And you need to pay within 48 hours??? This one does not pass the smell test for me. I would have asked beforehand if the seller would accept escrow if you offered to pay, that way you would be out a little for the fee, but could be sure the deal would be done. If not, I don't know what sort of protection Paypal or credit cards might offer since this is technically a purchase of cash, which entails a whole lot of screwy rules!

Good luck! I fear you may need it!

From the paypal site....

At PayPal, your security is our top priority. PayPal Buyer Protection is offered as a way to make our online trading community even safer and more secure.

With PayPal Buyer Protection, qualified purchases are eligible for up to $1,000.00 USD coverage at no additional cost. Additional coverage may apply for purchases made with PayPal Buyer Credit.

When a buyer files a claim through PayPal Buyer Protection, PayPal works with both the buyer and the seller to gather the details of the transaction. We investigate the facts of the case and make every effort to come to a fair conclusion.

Transactions Covered by PayPal Buyer Protection

If you paid for an item and never received it or received an item that was significantly not as described, your transaction must meet each of the following requirements to be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection:

The PayPal Buyer Protection icon must be displayed in the Seller Information box on eBay

Your purchase must be a physical item -- services and intangible items are not covered

You must use PayPal to pay for the item and must use the seller's email address associated with the listing. To make sure of this, use the grey Pay Now button you'll see when the listing closes on eBay.

I made one statement in bold because that has to be the biggest loophole there is!!

Archived