CoinPeople.com

Hello,
I would love some help about some notes that i discover back home. I searched for Biafra Notes all over the internet and i found a bit of everything, apart from one specific type. It's possible to find "Waste Note" of 'One Pound', and compare them with normal ones, but how rare is the "Waste Note" of 'Five Pounds'?
I couldn't find any reference of Waste Notes of 5£. Why that?
Hope someone can help me. :mf_napoleon:

Me neither.

They have been inside a flat envelope for a long time. I had no ideia that i had those notes...

As far as i could find out in their short and violent history the Republic of Biafra actually had a currency. And these notes were printed in Portugal.

You can find many notes of 'One Pound', 'Five Pounds' and some of 'Ten Pounds', but with "Waste Note" stamp is rare. You can find some 'One Pound' notes with that stamp, but with the other two i found nothing at all :shock:

I already got in contact with the Bank of Portugal to try find if they have some inventory of the produced notes.

150814_141248_7a4fc38df311faqc.jpg

150814_141308_d8951f1ad0304bpI.jpg

:mf_napoleon:

Yes, that's a keeper for sure. I've never seen one before, either. Must've escaped from the printers at some point.

That seems to fall into more than one category. An error, a waste note that should have (probably should have) been destroyed but wasn't an it also goes into the replacement category as the note to have been replaced.

As to more information, I'd suggest looking into finding an expert on world error notes, and to the world replacement notes authority, Dr. Ali Mehilba http://www.worldreplacement.com/#!contact/c1d94 Ali is a great guy whom I've collaborated with in the past, and I think he can at least point you in the right direction.

Please let us know if you find anything out.

Yes, that's a keeper for sure. I've never seen one before, either. Must've escaped from the printers at some point.

That seems to fall into more than one category. An error, a waste note that should have (probably should have) been destroyed but wasn't an it also goes into the replacement category as the note to have been replaced.

As to more information, I'd suggest looking into finding an expert on world error notes, and to the world replacement notes authority, Dr. Ali Mehilba http://www.worldreplacement.com/#!contact/c1d94 Ali is a great guy whom I've collaborated with in the past, and I think he can at least point you in the right direction.

Please let us know if you find anything out.

Thank you very much.

I will definitely go look more into it. Thanks for pointing me some direction, had no idea what i have in hands.

I post everything as soon i can. :mf_napoleon: