902142.jpg

1999-P Yellowstone Commemorative dollar

902143.jpg

2001-P American Buffalo Commemorative Dollar

900754.jpg

2005 Jefferson Nickel

902140.jpg

2005-S Kansas Statehood Quarter

Had fun completing this mini type set. Since the 1938-D is doing double duty by being part of my five cent type set, I have my eye on another - a nice reasonably priced MS (just an excuse to buy another coin). I have the 2005 SMS and the Jeffalos look much better than the buisness strike UNC, but I don't want to remove them from the packaging. If I recall correctly, there will be another State Quarter with a buffalo, but I can't remember when. As long as they don't show up on a 1 oz platinum bullion coin, I will be able to keep up :ninja:

Nice set!!! I am making a dog set right now, but you have me itching for that buffalo set. I have some bad news and some good news about my set. The bad news is that I only have the inexpensive peices. The good news is that I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

-Robert

Very nice. A buffalo typeset is a very good idea. You could even add currency and make an outstanding exhibit/display.

Did North or South Dakota decide to use the Buff as well? I know they are not out yet but I remember some chatter on the subject.

No recuerdo.

I think it is North Dakota. The final choice was between Geese or a couple of BadBoyz

Potential ND SQ designs with the Buffalo winning.

South Dakota seems to be working on a Mount Rushmore theme.

SD SQ design article

Both are late 2006 releases, I believe.

That's a great little set !!! :ninja:

Quote from syzygy,Sep 18 2005, 09:25 PM <pix snipped>:

"Had fun completing this mini type set. Since the 1938-D is doing double duty by being part of my five cent type set, I have my eye on another - a nice reasonably priced MS (just an excuse to buy another coin). I have the 2005 SMS and the Jeffalos look much better than the buisness strike UNC, but I don't want to remove them from the packaging. If I recall correctly, there will be another State Quarter with a buffalo, but I can't remember when. As long as they don't show up on a 1 oz platinum bullion coin, I will be able to keep up ;)"

Last I'd heard, ND's quarter will have a Bison. It'll be #4 in 2006 (probably released September 2006). There's a rumor that MT will have a T-Rex eating a bison on its quarter. :ninja:

No need to worry about a platinum Buffalo coin. We're expecting a 1 oz. gold Double Bison commem next year. Start saving your wheaties!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
I am researching prices to do this set myself.  Should I go UNC all the way or throw in a few proof peices too?  I tend to prefer UNC over proof...what do you all think?

-Robert

Price-wise, the proofs will not be much more, except for the original nickel. I am thinking about getting them all as proofs, but I fear that the original nickel is going to be a pricey item.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well the gold bison is here now, so one more for the set.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/store...tegory_rn=10054