CoinPeople.com

Redesigned US Notes (fictional)

thedeadpoint

Cash register has only 4 compartments for bills. It's up to the restore owner to consign their use. I do believe they are usually consigned to $1, $5, $10 and $20 bills

Anybody ever received a $2 bill in change at a store? I have never see one in circulation. Same go for $1 coins, hardly see them in circulation.

I have seen cashiers hoard the $2s, so usually they don't give them out, although I remember 15-20 years ago, if you asked and they had, they would easily part with them, no recent experience. I don't spend cash much these days, but when I have spent cash, I have occasionally been given $1 coins (although they asked if it was OK instead of the bills, as they were running low on bills).

Probably because cash registers don't have a slot for $2 bills?

I am not sure of that. I asked this earlier, but haven't gotten a satisfactory response, although Tom Chao has responded for the recent past, and I have even seen recent registers marked with denominations on the slots. But not the older ones.

Remember, until the mid 60s $2s were quite common, at least until LTs were ended. Tom mentions that for over a hundred years the cash register design hasn't really changed in the available slots. So the question becomes, how were $2s stored in the past when they were quite common!!

I like any design apart from the current one. You guys see before the Dollar Redesign Project (https://dollarredesign.wordpress.com/), they did a contest of designs for Dollars some years before.

dollar_redesign_dickinson_ellington_bann

727b6-fd-20101009-01028001-scaled-1000.j

A Woman to replace Andrew Jackson on U. S. $20 bills?

A campaign to put a woman on an American banknote in 2020 on the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment that granted women the right to vote.

The plan calls for Andrew Jackson, a president maligned for his treatment of Native Americans, to be removed from the $20 bill. A shortlist of 15 women to replace him has been drawn up, and a final nominee will be voted for by the public online, on womenon20s.org, before President Obama is asked to make the change.

http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/2015/03/a-woman-to-replace-andrew-jackson-on-u.html