CoinPeople.com

Conder halfpennies

A few copper cheap and cheerful Conder halfpennies that arrived with me this week as follows:

1. Yorkshire (Hull) Garton's edge 1791 (Seaby 17)

1030195.jpg

2. Yorkshire (Sheffield) plain edge 1793 (Seaby 56)

1030196.jpg

3. Middlesex (London) Sise Lane, T&R Davidson edge 1795 (Seaby 295)

1030197.jpg

4. Staffordshire (Leek) halfpenny Leek edge 1793 (Seaby 10)

1030198.jpg

5. Warwickshire (Birmingham) halfpenny 1791 (Seaby 77)

1030199.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

not halfpennies....but since the last one posted was from `Birmingham', here's it's big brother and an uncle!

copper penny (Birmingham Workhouse) dated 1812, and a copper three pence (Birmingham Workhouse) dated 1813. The three pence is the size of a small hockey puck and you would definitely need assistance to carry around eighty of these if you were buying anything valued at 1 pound. There's an example of the silver workhouse shilling in the `silver shilling tokens' thread.

1036052.jpg

1036053.jpg

not halfpennies....but since the last one posted was from `Birmingham', here's it's big brother and an uncle!

copper penny (Birmingham Workhouse) dated 1812, and a copper three pence (Birmingham Workhouse) dated 1813. The three pence is the size of a small hockey puck and you would definitely need assistance to carry around eighty of these if you were buying anything valued at 1 pound. There's an example of the silver workhouse shilling in the `silver shilling tokens' thread.

1036052.jpg

1036053.jpg

These are neat tokens. I remember reading a piece a number of years ago about the Workhouse Tokens. I think it may have been in the Numismatist. I'll see if I can find it again.

I love conder tokens, and have considered starting a collection for several years. But I need to learn more first, so thanks for the link.

Try this one https://issuu.com/landsum/docs/b-l for a flip-book and this one http://provincialtokencoinage.weebly.com/ (this is downloadable just scroll to the RED Download)