CoinPeople.com

I forgot I had this.

Sir Sisu

I was just looking though my seldom viewed unorganized boxes and I came across this. I totally forgot I had this. (I guess it never made a huge impression on me because of how worn it is.) Anyhow, with all this recent discussion about US type sets, I guess I would have another hole ready to be filled if I only had one of those albums. :ninja:

I am estimating About Good for a grade? Also, I looked at the new Red Book that I have, it mentions about varieties existing with this date. With a loupe I see that I have a "curved" 5. Does anyone have literature on this coin type for what the details are about that variety?

902132.jpg

No expert here but probably an AG to my eyes. As far as the Fancy or Plain 5, Breen doesn't say much except they are both found on business strikes. Within the fancy 5, there is a normal D in UNITED and a D missing the top serif. Plus there are some overdates and repunched dates for the fancy 5.

2-Cent pieces did not wear well, and they were plagued by weak strikes and planchet problems. I would agree with your assessment of Good, but it's hard to tell based on the photos. The reverse certainly looks G/VG since many are so poorly struck the word cents disappears! The obverse is hard to tell from the photo as you can barely see the date. So that that for whatever it's worth! :ninja:

Oh Man! I love 2 cent pieces. . . . The Alaskan Coin exchange is a good source for valueing a low grade like that. They got a lot of Low grade stuff and Cull coins and things. . . .

alaskain Coin exchange.

. . .

I just has to get my 2 cents worth in here. . . :ninja:

Archived