CoinPeople.com

Sadly, it's Time to Say Goodbye

TreasureGirl

]Yup, I'm afraid my collecting time has come to an end - I've finally started to figure out where I want to go in life (only took me 27 years!) and I'd like to start focusing on my creative work.

That being said, I've spent some great times here with you all and wish you all the best in life and with your collecting. I'll probably lurk from time to time, and live vicariously through your collecting ;)

Now, on to the juicy part!

Yes, I'm parting with my beloved coin babies. They've been tucked in a DirecTV box in a dark closet for quite some time, and I'd like to reintroduce some of these gems back to the market. So, I'll be posting a Want To Sell thread shortly. If I could beg some help for old time's sake, though, I need a little advice regarding pricing my best pieces. I want to be fair, but I don't want to sell myself short.

These are my four most prized pieces:

1839 Braided Hair "Booby" Large Cent

1858-O Seated Liberty Half Dollar - every time I pull it out I'm FLOORED by the detail

1917 Type 1 Standing Liberty Quarter

1929 Standing Liberty Quarter

http://www.pinterest.com/kathrynknocke/coins-for-sale/

Sorry to see you go but I wish you the very best in whatever you decide to do. Best of luck with your coin sales.

We all move on in our lives from time to time.

But I think a good advice is to keep your coins tucked away in the dark closet. I stopped collecting at the age of 20, but 20 years later I started again and the tucked away coins was a nice start of a new life as a collector. So if you don't need the money desperately, keep the coins for the future.

Best of luck! We loved your company and I bet you'll be back someday ;)

Just remember - you don't have to spend a penny to collect coins, you just need to save one!

• 4 weeks later...