CoinPeople.com

Sincona 19 (The SINCONA Collection - Part 3)

IgorS

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI - the MS67 1826 rouble in the Coin People header graphic seems to be on the block at the St. James' sale on May 20th. See back cover of World Coin News April edition.

http://www.sixbid.com/browse.html?auction=1959&category=40839&lot=1695595

This is (was?) yours, isn't it? :drool:

Guess the story and picture (and plastic) worked. Someone paid over $80,000 for the coin including commission. But they got an incomparable coin and a story with which to understand the rarity of its existence.

Seems like small change compared to art auctions. A week ago a Picasso sold for $179,000,000.

Guess the story and picture (and plastic) worked. Someone paid over $80,000 for the coin including commission. But they got an incomparable coin and a story with which to understand the rarity of its existence.

Seems like small change compared to art auctions. A week ago a Picasso sold for $179,000,000.

Bravo, Marv! :clapping:

Was it difficult, parting with that beauty?

Any other prices realized known? There was a feeling from the community that Peter II rouble is not genuine?

Prices realized are now available at St. James site. Estimate was 15,000 GBP, start 12,000. Prices realized shows 11,500. I am assuming it did not sell.

Based on unconfirmed rumors, Russian section of the upcoming Sincona auction will host (besides another part of the famous collection) some rare and high grade russian coins And medals including an extremely rare gold coronation medal of Paul. Its size is 64.5 mm, weight 121.00 gr. I will post the pictures soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always had problems booking a right hotel in foreign cities. Either they were too far from my points of interests or too far from my standards :-)

But this year, I feel like I won a lottery. When I visit Zurich, I always stay in one of the Zahringerstrasse small hotels. This year, the Sincona auction will be held literally 2 blocks away - in the Limmatquau 112 office !

Just perfect for me !

I've always had problems booking a right hotel in foreign cities. Either they were too far from my points of interests or too far from my standards :-)

But this year, I feel like I won a lottery. When I visit Zurich, I always stay in one of the Zahringerstrasse small hotels. This year, the Sincona auction will be held literally 2 blocks away - in the Limmatquau 112 office !

Just perfect for me !

Have fun, and keep us updated!

Just perfect for me !

As you know before I was staying in Zurich across the street from Opera , small room and great breakfast included with 20 cheese variety... :)

Last time I was staying in very good hotel with great customer service and better room. If you are interesting I can send you the link's.

• 5 weeks later...