CoinPeople.com

Sincona 19 (The SINCONA Collection - Part 3)

IgorS

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It all depends if the prospective bidders check the edge of this "pattern/novodel" against the edges of the original 66 and 67. I think this will definitely kill the whole notion of the pattern. May also kill the idea of the novodel, because it would be strange to cut such a similar edging instrument for novodel production. Only thing that comes to mind is the Sestroretsk ruble, but, this thing is nowhere nearly as important a coin.

Other than that, $25K :-)

• 2 weeks later...

The first part of the auction, sold in October 2012, realized a hammer price of about $14,117,550 U.S. The second part of the Sincona Collection (sold in October 2013) realized a total hammer price of 10.89 million Swiss francs (about $11,945,200 U.S.). Though the collection was originally slated to be sold in just three parts, a fourth auction is now scheduled for 2015.

from the coinworld article linked above.

IgorS,

If you have a chance to take images from the edge of 1886 ruble would be great :)

Rarenum

Most of my "conservative"; bids already outbid by a threefold and some by multiples of those, so if the price may ever be an indicator of the coin's true state (novodel vs "exemplar" coin), I agree with you.  It is within the bracket of our prediction for novodel: 10K-25K... I think the new owner should be happy with the price.  It is very rare, possibly a unique novodel, even if not exactly in a novodel state, IMHO.  For me personally the rarity outweighs the state even in novodels.

Some results of the day one in this post onwards: http://coins.su/forum/index.php?showtopic=84184&p=1527263

Actually the results of the day are already up in the on-line catalog...

I am too outbid all but one lot and it is tomorrow.

About the ended lots, i was looking the results and then found that 1826 5 kop XF was sold 1100 CHF and next lot 1826 5 kop AU sold 325 CHF

Intresting, opened lots to look why is that.

Here is the photo:

https://auktionen.sincona.com/img/lose/111/00507q00.jpg

00507q00.jpgLOT:507

5 Kopecks 1826, St. Petersburg Mint, HГ. 1.08 g. Bitkin 149 var. Severin 2885 var. Good extremely fine.

5 копеек 1826, СПб МД, HГ. 1.08 г. Биткин 149 вар. Северин 2885 вар. Состояние лучше чем отличное.

Collector’s note: “S. Var(iant) not in Severin. Rare! Unicum?? C Џ Б!”

Well, i bought some times ago 5 kop 1826 from ebay, MS62 and it had too that Sankt Petersburg upside down, so definately its not uniq.

This upside down P was even mentioned in ebay but no one blinked an eye, when sincona says it, everyone loses their mind.

Here is a potato for you, thanks for reading.

ssanktpeterburg.jpg

Sincona's great price results are due to a high concentration of the heavy investment money-bags and a collection of some rare coins per square meter gathered in one place. Ebay sell is not an event, here it is... But there are still some copper prices that are pretty decent even for ebay. All my bids are outbit so far, some by $5, and some by $1000s... Congrats on the 5 k from eBay, looks like a nice coin!

Both Polushka-s 1741, I placed bids on, overbid by $5... went very cheap... Some other, common copper too (e.g. Siberia) ... All my bids were very conservative - overbid, including TM and AM 2 kopecks and some other interesting coins. Not to worry. There is always next auction, and these are not exclusive to Sincona, who is really famous for "about unique" coins...