CoinPeople.com

An interesting conversation with an "expert"

gxseries

Saw a bunch lot of countefeits uploaded to omnicoin and I had to write something about it. The so called expert challenged me to explain why they are counterfeit. I'll refrain from giving exact words but I found it hilarious.

http://omnicoin.com/collection/Yeyong

If you reckon any of those "crowns" are genuine, I would like to know. These are actually very easy to tell.

I Just looked at the first one 1794 United States Flowing Hair Liberty Silver Dollar, that was enough!

Interesting spelling of UNI (large gap)THD and AME (extra large gap) RICA & no curve to the lettering.

1020399.jpg

I'll bet there's a serious premium for the "UNITHD" variety. :lol: :lol:

I had not read the blurb posted with the dollar on Omnicoin before I wrote my post. So I had a search to see where this was coming from.

http://www.moneta-coins.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1840&title=1794-united-states-flowing-hair-liberty-silver-dollar&cat=894

Zhou Yong industry; "The genuine US 1794 Flowing Hair Liberty Silver Dollar is in fact an error silver coin. On the obverse, the word LIBERTY was spelt as "LIBBRTY" by mistake, and on the reverse, the word UNITED was wrongly spelt as UNITHD"

http://zyy809.wap.blog.163.com/w2/blogDetail.do;jsessionid=035604CBD25C82844E3F512B461D5386.blog57-8010?blogId=fks_081068085083083071081085081095086081087066086082086074&showRest=true&p=4&hostID=zyy809

Now they say all the genuine 1794 dollars are fake, only the newly struck Chinese version is genuine :crazy:

Scroll to the bottom of the linked page, to see the fake 1794 dollar in the National Museum of American History donated by the coin dealers interest group aimed to deceive visitors!!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/silver-dollar-museum/sets/72157625000668494/#

They also claim; "Below: mixed Smithsonian National Museum of History Museum of the United States under the American Numismatic Society and the auction company auction price speculation in 1794 the United States made ​​the Statue of Liberty one U.S. dollar floating counterfeit coins, including the creation of a $ 1.2 million auction record price "American 1794 Liberty one U.S. dollar floating hair "counterfeit money, coins by commercial interests in California established the" Basic Collection Foundation, "museum director and chief curator Martin Logies counterfeit and specialized auction auction company Bowers and Meren CEO Greg Roberts in 2010 On August 7 joint director at auction in Boston, Massachusetts, USA"

Which all goes to show, that if you cannot make a half decent fake just claim all the genuine ones are the fakes ergo yours is the real deal :hysterical:

The so called expert challenged me to explain why they are counterfeit.

I suspect that this could be a tactic to help the fraudster improve their fakes for next time...

I suspect that this could be a tactic to help the fraudster improve their fakes for next time...

^That's a fair point I guess we should all consider, because those are laughable counterfeits. That's probably what the guy is doing. But, at this point, he wouldn't need to fish for improvements, since they're so glaringly bad.

Lmao at "UNITHD STATES" too.

• 4 years later...

anything nowadays can be faked to the point of looking real, buy from known companies on such items, finding one in the wild is a very high chance of it's faked

why did they fake them for many reasons and fakes from the old days exist even now

a test of the metal by a expert would help, could tell you if it's silver or something else