CoinPeople.com

Who collects world coins with ships on them ?

AuldFartte

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the guy has zero feedback and I do not risk that  :ninja:

Now why do I get an Invalid Item alert when I try to access that page? ;-)

Here is another ship coin - and this one even has two! It is from the "Polish Coinage" series and shows, on one side, a 5 zl coin from 1936 featuring a vessel:

10zlzaglowiec_r.gif

The same ship can be found on the other side, along with the obverse of the 1936 piece:

10zlzaglowiec_a.gif

(Pictures from the mint's web site.)

Christian

I was just looking through some world coins, and I noticed I had one with a ship on it :)Its from Matla and its a 1972, and its a 10 cent piece. I also found some British half pennies, from the years 1952, '56, '59, '64, and '67. And I have 3 2$50 coins from Portugal with ships on them. And 2 1 Drachma from Greece...not to mention my canadian dimes :ninja: Wow, I never realized how many coins there actually are with ships on them.

• 2 weeks later...
want one?

I think I have a spare one

I'm interested :ninja:

Actually I have never even seen one. What does it look like (besides the ship it presumably has)?

I love that Estonian piece :ninja:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Where on these coins does the raised edge lettering appear? I'm stymied!

Errm, on the edge? :ninja: If you look at the side with the ship, you can see a little bit of the edge lettering near the "ITAL" ...

Christian

Errm, on the edge? ;) If you look at the side with the ship, you can see a little bit of the edge lettering near the "ITAL" ...

Christian

WOW, I'd been looking on the front and back near the edge. Never struck me to actually take the coin from the holder and look at the edge itself. Thank you! :ninja:

Does this count as a coin with a ship?

1361-1369 Edward III Noble

Obv: Standing king on ship of state with shield and sword, in beaded circle, legends around. Rev: Ornamental floriated cross in octylobe, beaded circle, lions and crowns at angles, legends around. Even light yellow gold, nicely struck in all quarters though somewhat granular at rims, scattered obv. marks. (FR-95, S.1503)

920864.jpg

Does this count as a coin with a ship?

1361-1369 Edward III Noble

Obv: Standing king on ship of state with shield and sword, in beaded circle, legends around. Rev: Ornamental floriated cross in octylobe, beaded circle, lions and crowns at angles, legends around. Even light yellow gold, nicely struck in all quarters though somewhat granular at rims, scattered obv. marks. (FR-95, S.1503)

920864.jpg

To me it does.. :ninja: