CoinPeople.com

This is 'coins I have given away'.

jrwild9553

This looks like a slow place so this is slightly off topic.

If I end with a coin like a wheat cent that fails to sell, or a dateless Buffalo, ect.

I got the idea several years ago to 'Drop' these coins in a place where someone will find it. Like a grocery store or whatever. Hopefully a kid finds it and it sparks his interest. I think I started coins because I found, or was given an old coin at age 6 or 7.

OK, it seems a little silly, but I thought it was a neat idea. Think of the excitement certain people would get.

Besides it would give a kid something better to do than video games or hacking into the into the CIA.

If any of you remember my Dansco album post. It took 6 hours to transfer all the pennies, nickels and dimes.

But they look very good. I even took the time to remove the reverse vinyl and press the coins forward.

And no, I am not OCD,,, I think.

That's my story, Have a nice night, Jim

P.S. The only coin I am missing is an S-VDB. Send me one and I will put you on my X-Mas card list for life.

I got the idea several years ago to 'Drop' these coins in a place where someone will find it. Like a grocery store or whatever. Hopefully a kid finds it and it sparks his interest. I think I started coins because I found, or was given an old coin at age 6 or 7.

OK, it seems a little silly, but I thought it was a neat idea. Think of the excitement certain people would get.

Besides it would give a kid something better to do than video games or hacking into the into the CIA.

A great idea! Bringing fresh blood into the hobby.

A very nice practice. Our local coin club has encouraged that kind of activity for years. I haven't personally seen any resultant YNs but you just don't know.