CoinPeople.com

Ugly Coin Competition 2014 FINAL ROUND

ikaros

Ugly Coin Competition 2014 FINAL ROUND  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for the uglier coin

• ikaros' 1986 US Cent
    • Art's 2005 Luxembourg 2 Euro Commemorative

This is it! It all comes down to this... the final meeting between Ugly By Nature and Ugly By Design.

Ugly Coin Competition 2014

Ugly By Nature Winner

ikaros' 1986 US Cent

Even Coinstar wouldn't take this one. It was found in the reject tray. Looks like even a little bite was taken out of it!

1018995.jpg

vs

Ugly By Design Winner

Art's 2005 Luxembourg 2 Euro Commemorative

Placing two portraits on the surface of a coin is at best difficult. To make the two portraits reside in the same small space and present them attractively is almost impossible. In this case the portrait of Adolphe has a strange appearance. The nose is sharply pointed and the large blob directly below it - his mustache in reality, is really unattractive. They could have done better.

1001370.jpg

Where are our other three usual votes? There were seven votes in almost all the other matchups... okay, I'm going to follow thedeadpoint's advice and shut it down Monday, thereby extending it a week, and hope they turn up.

Now watch, we'll turn up another vote and end up with eight... and tied. :D

Where are our other three usual votes? There were seven votes in almost all the other matchups... okay, I'm going to follow thedeadpoint's advice and shut it down Monday, thereby extending it a week, and hope they turn up.

Now watch, we'll turn up another vote and end up with eight... and tied. :D

That would be a fitting conclusion. :yes::yes::yes:

Stopped wearing ties when I left the forces in '78. Don't like 'em. this includes competition ties. Surely there's someone else out there that can end the deadlock? :read:

:hysterical:

Still hoping for a tie on this one. Come-on tie! Come-on tie! Close your eyes. Click your heels! Utter the chant "Ties are good!!".

Boo! Foiled by some idiot - Oh! wait - it was me :sorry:

Smile. I, for one, greatly appreciate your "tie-ing vote" :bthumbsup::bthumbsup::bthumbsup::yes::yes::yes:

The Ugliest Coins of 2014 are, by decision of the denizens of Coinpeople:

Ugly By Nature Winner

ikaros' 1986 US Cent

Even Coinstar wouldn't take this one. It was found in the reject tray. Looks like even a little bite was taken out of it!

1018995.jpg

and

Ugly By Design Winner

Art's 2005 Luxembourg 2 Euro Commemorative

Placing two portraits on the surface of a coin is at best difficult. To make the two portraits reside in the same small space and present them attractively is almost impossible. In this case the portrait of Adolphe has a strange appearance. The nose is sharply pointed and the large blob directly below it - his mustache in reality, is really unattractive. They could have done better.

1001370.jpg

And may I be the first to offer my sympathies... er, condolences... er, commisserations... er, congratulations to Art. :D