CoinPeople.com

Blackbook of World Coins?

Burks

Have you looked into used versions of the Krause.  I think they tend to be quite affordable.

Having trouble finding some that aren't from the 80's and 90's. An '00-'04 would be just perfect.

Have you looked into used versions of the Krause.  I think they tend to be quite affordable.

Instead of buying one I went to the library and rented it for a month.......free. They have the 31-33 editions. Sadly I did not find one for 19th century coins :*( I'll just take it back and rent it the next day again :ninja:

Ah yes libraries. Definitely one of the better uses of tax dollars. Although they generally need to stock more numismatic titles :ninja:

Although they generally need to stock more numismatic titles  ;)

I understand that one. The selection of books was 3 Redbooks, 1 Bluebook, 3 Krause, and one book on coin investing. Tomorrow I'm stopping by the have them search the other three libraries in town for a 19th century Krause catalog.

While looking for the Krause another man came through and picked out the '06 Redbook and '05 Bluebook. I make the remark that the '06 Redbook is a fantastic book and he should enjoy it. Come to find out this man actually deals in coins! He was surprised by my age that I was closely looking at the books to make my decision. Sadly he had sold a large lot of 200+ pre-1940 German coins for dirt cheap just a week ago :ninja:

I understand that one. The selection of books was 3 Redbooks, 1 Bluebook, 3 Krause, and one book on coin investing. Tomorrow I'm stopping by the have them search the other three libraries in town for a 19th century Krause catalog.

The good thing, at least here, is that all the libraries are part of a interlibrary loan system http://www.mnlink.org which includes the State Universisty system and the U of M. I just made a request last week so I'll find out how long it takes.

The good thing, at least here, is that all the libraries are part of a interlibrary loan system http://www.mnlink.org  which includes the State Universisty system and the U of M.  I just made a request last week so I'll find out how long it takes.

I made a request for the 19th century book and a few others at both the local library (has like 10 branches) and the University.

My library requests came today. Cleaning and preservation of coins and medals by Walter Gerhard and An Introduction to Repairing & Restoring. I have most of my chem supplies so I can go to phase III of my cleaning experiments. It's amazing how varied some relatively basic chemistry can turn out to be.

• 1 month later...

I use the 2006 edition alot right now but am going to get the current Red Book today .........I think it is much better.

Archived